Buying Antares Products? Think twice before you do!

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
csiaudio
Primary DAW OS: MacOS
Location: Indiana; Where the corn is tall and the women are wide!

Buying Antares Products? Think twice before you do!

Post by csiaudio »

I purchased Mic Modeler from them for DP (OS9) and it has been how long since OSX has been out and STILL no updated product!! Oh yeah, there sure is for Pro Tools (RTAS & TDM) but NOTHING ELSE.

There is nothing more frustrating than buying into a product under the assumption that it will roll with the times and changes that it brings. Well, that is not the case with Antares! So my advice to you...be careful.

I wasted my money on them once but that will be the last!
Capturing the Colors of Sound!

Mac Mini M1 2020 -- DP 11.2 -- Universal Audio Apollo Quad -- Apollo Twin -- SPL Kultube Compressor -- Slate Virtual Mic -- Eve SC207's w/KRK Sub
ubbotheroom

Re: Buying Antares Products? Think twice before you do!

Post by ubbotheroom »

While I know that Antares hasn't come out with an OSX MAS or AU version of Mic Mod they have been releasing their various plug-ins for the multitude of formats they support.

I fully expect that they'll release it eventually and that we'll have an upgrade path. I wish I could say the same about the money I flushed on the Bomb Factory MAS plug-ins. :mad:
Barry Wood
The Other Room - Audio Engineering & Web Development www.otheroom.com
jon

Post by jon »

Originally posted by csiaudio:
I purchased Mic Modeler from them for DP (OS9) and it has been how long since OSX has been out and STILL no updated product!! Oh yeah, there sure is for Pro Tools (RTAS & TDM) but NOTHING ELSE.

There is nothing more frustrating than buying into a product under the assumption that it will roll with the times and changes that it brings. Well, that is not the case with Antares! So my advice to you...be careful.

I wasted my money on them once but that will be the last!
Dude I am so with you on that one. Two years ago I had the same issue with Kantos. Still no upgrade to OSX.
MAC PRO 2x2.26 / OSX 10.7.2 & 6 GB RAM., POWERMAC G5 2x2. / OSX 10.5.9 & 4 GB RAM., MAC BOOK 2.0 / OSX 10.7.2 & 2GB RAM.,DP 7.24, Logic Pro, Motu 896mk3, Lynx Aurora 8, Motu Ultralite Mk3, UAD-2 6.1.0, Mackie Onyx 800R, V-Drums.
Cagatay

Post by Cagatay »

Yeah, as far as I know still no AU version of their Autotune, I still have the tdm version but since I don't use Protools anymore I'd like to crossgrade to an AU version but I wait and I wait but nothing. They promised but nothing happens. I still have some hope.
shankyboy

Post by shankyboy »

Me too! I really miss being having Mic Modeler around for direct guitar tracks. I have been waiting for a Mas/OSX version since the release of DP4. I have emailed them several times and they always say it's just around the corner.
Macbook Pro, DP11, Motu M4, Waves, PSP