BPM causes a skip in DP7 play back after eq adjustment

Moderators: James Steele, ssp

geisdj
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

BPM causes a skip in DP7 play back after eq adjustment

Post by geisdj »

HI, I have the following post in Digital Performer: Troubleshooting/Criticism. I seems to be drown out by the DP8 launch. Maybe a BPM user has worked thru this issue and can help.
I am new to the forum. I am also new to Motu products. I was very comfortable with PC base Steinburg' DAWs in the 1990s and early 2000 years but stepped away in 2007. I have returned with a Mac book Pro loaded with DP7 and BPM and interfacing with a Motu Traveler. Needless to say I am still in the learning curve with the Software and the hardware. I really like the Motu products and The Mac is great. I do have a reoccurring problem when I make any kind of EQ or FX adjustment in BPM. DP7 Play back will begin to skip every 20 or 30 seconds and the processor peak will indicate for a mili second during that skip. Processor loads stay around 20% except when playback skips. I have repeated this problem a number of times by making a small adjustment to the eq on a kick drum within BPM then testing play back. The result is always the same. Undoing the adjustment will not remove the glitch. Closing and not saving the adjustment to the project will remove the problem. Hope someone has a cure. Hope I didn’t go on to long. Thank you, Dave
ssp
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: BPM causes a skip in DP7 play back after eq adjustment

Post by ssp »

Please post in the correct section of the forum, the main bpm index page is not for posting in.

Topic moved

mac pro 8-core, mac mirror door dp, graphite g4 400.
Motu 2408/24io interfaces, PT HD, Event opals, Focal twin 6.
Too many synths to mention!
geisdj

Post by geisdj »

Very sorry. This is my first use of a forum? What area should my post be in? Perhaps it would attract some input in the correct area.
Again, very sorry,
Dave
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

I have found that BPM in DP is a bit taxing on the CPU at times, depending on how many other VI's, etc. one has loaded.

In order to let DP do its pre-generation thing (see preferences, see DP manual on the topic of virtual instrument and effects pre-generation), you need to have that preference enabled, and you need to close the BPM window (pre-generation doesn't work if the window is open).
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku