BPM Update

Moderators: James Steele, ssp

b-righteous
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: BPM Update

Post by b-righteous »

Looks like MOTU stayed with ilok1 judging by M53. I wonder if this update will fix the constant crashes when BPM is used in Maschine?
M-Goldie

Post by M-Goldie »

UVI have told me by email that the BPM update should be available at the end of October, but i guess its in MOTU's hands.
OSX 10.6.4 / logic pro 9 / reason 5 / bias peak 6 / bpm 1.5 /
grassrootking

Post by grassrootking »

One of the UVI developers just posted on the KVRAudio forums that he expects BPM 1.5.1 to be released later this week. There was a troublesome bug that they have fixed that was holding things up.

-GK
M-Goldie

Post by M-Goldie »

nearly a year and a half to release an update - that must have been a truly troublesome bug! maybe they had the work experience student working on the update :D

in other news UVI have just released a v2 UVI Player that has apparently reduced the features from v1 rather than enhanced them?? :?

as compensation they are offering a cheap upgrade to MOTU Mach5. i quote from the kvr forum:
Hi,

With UVI Workstation 2 we have focused on making it simpler, efficient and
stable. Thanks to the new macro-knobs and scripting features, the new
generation of UVI libraries will not need the old "edit" page. This will be
much more convenient for simple and musical use.

We understand this could be seen as "cut-down" for some of our long-time
users, and that's why we have a very special update plan for them to get
MOTU MachFive 3. Here are the conditions :
- You need to have bought 199$+ of UVI product before December 1st 2011
- You need to contact us at support@uvi.net

You can get a full version of MachFive 3 for $249 (excluding shipping).
MachFive 3 allow full editing of UVI soundbanks and will be the greatest way to get the most modular and powerful sampler and synth workstation.

http://www.motu.com/products/software/machfive" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards,
----
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team - http://www.uvi.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

so you can buy Mach Five to make up for the fact that your previous free UVI Player has had a lot of its features stripped out as part of its upgrade. make sense?!! . .

i hope this doesn't impact on the BPM upgrade. but i wouldn't be surprised if something weird happens...
grassrootking

Post by grassrootking »

I asked about the effect on BPM and here is the response from the developer Olivier:
marsrock wrote: Are there plans to upgrade the Racks feature in BPM similar to UVI Workstation 2.0? Will this "cut down" down the current editing features?
There is currently no plan to update the Rack feature of BPM.
grassrootking

Post by grassrootking »

Also, v1.1.7 of the UVI Workstation will still be available and will work. Support will still be offered for it but it will not take advantage of the new scripting features available in the more recent UVI libraries.
M-Goldie

Post by M-Goldie »

good news about not cutting down racks but actually the dev says:
1.1.7 will continue to be available but it will not be supported (no updates and some future product may not work on it).
so the old UVI Player will not be supported, although they do offer to help sort any problems. so technical support i suppose, but not product support.
grassrootking

Post by grassrootking »

Yup. I think it is pretty weak especially for those of us that have purchased several UVI soundbanks. Obviously they are trying move everyone to MachFive. I don't even see the purpose of UVI Workstation anymore even as a simple player. Who is gonna pay 99$ or more for a library that comes with no real editing features?
saintjoe
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by saintjoe »

It is my understanding that the UVI libraries will become more like the scripted instruments included with Mach Five 3, so all editing will be done from the instruments themselves.

I agree though, I was excited to download the new one only to find there was a lot I couldn't do anymore.
SoundsAndGear.com - music production news, tips, videos, and reviews.
grassrootking

Post by grassrootking »

That is my understanding as well St. Joe. It would be nice if they "refreshed" the older libraries to take advantage of the new features offered.. For now we will just have to continue using v.1.1.7 with the older libraries.
saintjoe
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by saintjoe »

I would definitely be happy if all my older UVI library got the new sexy scripted interfaces :mrgreen:

I quite like the ones in Mach Five 3

I do miss the ability to browse and load you own audio files quickly in UVI, though you can drag them in still, a lot of those editing features are gone.

I love Mach Five 3 for sure, but there's a lot to be said about the simplicity and immediacy that UVI workstation brought to the table.
SoundsAndGear.com - music production news, tips, videos, and reviews.
grassrootking

Post by grassrootking »

The 1.5.1 update is available for download at MOTU.com.