Is it possible to use the BPM sound library...

Moderators: James Steele, ssp

Upright
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Is it possible to use the BPM sound library...

Post by Upright »

With my other software? It doesn't seem possible but I thought I'd throw it out there. I haven't really been using BPM as of late but I'm wondering if this is possible..thanks. And also on the heels of that question-

I have a friend that I was think of selling BPM to(since I don't use it much) but I realized it's fully registered to my name and I remember reading that the software is non transferable....can someone confirm this for me?

thanks guys :D
2.83 GHz Core 2 Quad,EP45-DS3R Mother Board 2GB ram,2 sata 500GB drives, M-Audio ProFire 610, Sonar 8PE, Motu BPM, Alpha Track, Mpc 2500
joker77

Re: Is it possible to use the BPM sound library...

Post by joker77 »

What exactly do you mean,with your other software? You can only use the BPM library with BPM and Mach Five 2 as far as I know,perhaps Uvi workstation,never tried,but I'm almost 100% that you cannot.

Motu have encryption on the content,and this prevents the content from being pirated,but at the same time prevents their customers from using it with other software,such as using a kick drum or a hit,inside say Reason,this is due to ilok and encryption,so you have to use it's own proprietary software.

My advise to you if you want to use the content,is to hold on to it. :wink:
Mac:Mac Pro 8 Core|12GB Ram|Lion OSX 10.7.2
Hardware:RME Fireface|Alesis Q7|Lavry AD/DA|Grace 101|FocusritePre|Presonus Monitor Station|DynAudio Bm5a Mk2|Event
Software:Maschine|Emulator X3|Mach Five 3|Geist|UVI sound libraries|Pro Tools 10|Logic 9|Studio One Pro 2
Dwetmaster
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Dwetmaster »

joker77 wrote:My advise to you if you want to use the content,is to hold on to it. :wink:

Or if you're REALLY patient, you could always bounce each and every sample one by one... :twisted:
MacPro 8Core 2.8GHZ 16GB RAM OSX10.8.3
MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 2011 OSX10.8.3
896mk3, BLA Modded 896HD, BLA Microclock, MTP-AV, Yamaha KX-8, CME VX-7 Mackie Ctrl, megadrum, Presonus C-S,
DP8.04, Bidule, M5 3, Ethno 2, BPM 1.5 Kontakt4, BFD2, SD2, Omnisphere, Wave Arts P-S5, Altiverb7, PSP VW & OldTimer, VB3, Ivory 2 Grand, True Pianos, Ozone 5, Reason 4, AmpliTube3, Bla bla bla...
A few El & Ac basses & Guitars, Hammond A-100.
grassrootking

Post by grassrootking »

Actually, you can drag any audio sample from BPM's browser to any other VST/Host app that supports drag and drop. I do this all the time with EXS24, Ultrabeat, and Battery. The only thing to be mindful of is that all of the sample material in BPM is 96Khz/16bit. If your VST/Host does does not support resampling on the fly then the sample will not play correctly if your project is not set to 96Khz.

-GK
ssp

Post by ssp »

I have moved this thread as it is not in the correct section.

Before starting a thread please make sure you are in the correct section.

Future threads not posted in the correct section will be removed without warning.

mac pro 8-core, mac mirror door dp, graphite g4 400.
Motu 2408/24io interfaces, PT HD, Event opals, Focal twin 6.
Too many synths to mention!