Axiom 25 pads and sample control

Moderators: James Steele, ssp

Markansas
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Axiom 25 pads and sample control

Post by Markansas »

I'm trying to get the sample pads to play a sample when I hold it down, and stop the sample when I release. I used to do this on a hardware MPC, and can't figure it out in the virtual world. Help!
hugy

Re: Axiom 25 pads and sample control

Post by hugy »

Markansas wrote:I'm trying to get the sample pads to play a sample when I hold it down, and stop the sample when I release. I used to do this on a hardware MPC, and can't figure it out in the virtual world. Help!
You just need to switch from AHD to ADSR the amplitude envelope.

Hope this help.
Javus

Post by Javus »

hugy wrote:
Markansas wrote:I'm trying to get the sample pads to play a sample when I hold it down, and stop the sample when I release. I used to do this on a hardware MPC, and can't figure it out in the virtual world. Help!
You just need to switch from AHD to ADSR the amplitude envelope.

Hope this help.
I'm look for the exact same thing Markansas.

If BPM doesn't have this feature it is a BIG let down.
It should be a standard option if you want the pad to play the full sample as 'one-shot' (doesn't matter if you hold or touch the pad) or the sample to stop playing when you release the MIDI key/pad 'note-off'.

The ADSR is useless for me to achieve what I want without automating the release. unnecessary step I'd like to avoid.

Please let there be an option for this MOTU *crosses fingers*
grassrootking

Post by grassrootking »

As Hugy already pointed out, the ADSR envelope is the solution. Just set the release to 0 and pad playback will function as you desire.

If there is something else you are looking for please be a little more specific.

-GK
Javus

Post by Javus »

grassrootking wrote:As Hugy already pointed out, the ADSR envelope is the solution. Just set the release to 0 and pad playback will function as you desire.

If there is something else you are looking for please be a little more specific.

-GK
Just tried setting the release to 0 on ADSR, lot of clicking and popping, I have to leave it between 20ms - 60ms to kind of achieve what I want.

My issue now:
Is there any way to increase the length of the pad/note in the sequencer of BPM from 1/16 to 1/4 without changing the steps or resolution?

MOTU > Implement a 'GATE' function like in Logic's Ultrabeat in a future update, that will be excellent!!

Thanks GK