Drag MIDI from BPM into DAW?

Moderators: James Steele, ssp

joker77
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Drag MIDI from BPM into DAW?

Post by joker77 »

I know how to drag audio from BPM to DAW,and MIDI into BPM,but how do I drag MIDI clips from BPM into DAW?

Thanks in advance
Mac:Mac Pro 8 Core|12GB Ram|Lion OSX 10.7.2
Hardware:RME Fireface|Alesis Q7|Lavry AD/DA|Grace 101|FocusritePre|Presonus Monitor Station|DynAudio Bm5a Mk2|Event
Software:Maschine|Emulator X3|Mach Five 3|Geist|UVI sound libraries|Pro Tools 10|Logic 9|Studio One Pro 2
hugy

Re: Drag MIDI from BPM into DAW?

Post by hugy »

joker77 wrote:I know how to drag audio from BPM to DAW,and MIDI into BPM,but how do I drag MIDI clips from BPM into DAW?

Thanks in advance
Alt Click + DnD the PATTERN(bold red text) header in the bottom right of the main panel
Without alt key pressed, it's audio DnD.
joker77

Post by joker77 »

Awesome Hugy Thanks... I really think ssp should create a thread for tips n tricks here. This would help out tremendously :wink:
Hardware:RME Fireface|Alesis Q7|Lavry AD/DA|Grace 101|FocusritePre|Presonus Monitor Station|DynAudio Bm5a Mk2|Event
Software:Maschine|Emulator X3|Mach Five 3|Geist|UVI sound libraries|Pro Tools 10|Logic 9|Studio One Pro 2
ssp

Post by ssp »

isnt this all in the manual? or re the addendums?

mac pro 8-core, mac mirror door dp, graphite g4 400.
Motu 2408/24io interfaces, PT HD, Event opals, Focal twin 6.
Too many synths to mention!
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

And that's the problem. My manual is in my closet. The addendums scatter info over different files. Most of the operation of BPM is straight forward but there are little things here and there that are not obvious or easy to forget. Would be nice to have one complete updated PDF manual. A central place for tips and tricks is always a good thing.
joker77

Post by joker77 »

Hi ssp,
Yes I think that it is.I hate picking up a manual though.When I'm on my DAW I normally turn to the more modern approach and google,or motunation for answers :wink:
Just thought it would make a difference in the long run for us all actually.I really like tips and tricks for software in my fav forums.
Hope you can see how for some it might just benefit
joker77

Post by joker77 »

For future releases a HELP manual coded in the software would be nice too.. 8) make it dummy proof