Question for Guru's :] Kit's w/Multi Out Global settings

Moderators: James Steele, ssp

joker77
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Question for Guru's :] Kit's w/Multi Out Global settings

Post by joker77 »

I have a ton of personal kits I've made within BPM took about two years to make.Anyways I love mixing with BPM's efx + Daw. What I'd like to do is globally set all of my Kits to Multi Out's in my DAW when I pull them up.
Now I only need 4 outs for 16 pads ever,it's the way I've always done it,with Mpc's,MV's,Guru, this helps me keep my mixes simple but effective.

Anyways my question is this, is it possible to set my BPM as a template,so when I pull in a kit at any given time,it doesn't erase my Multi out settings?

Or would I need to save each kit over with this in Mind?

It's not a problem either way.

Thanks for any tips you can offer. peace
Mac:Mac Pro 8 Core|12GB Ram|Lion OSX 10.7.2
Hardware:RME Fireface|Alesis Q7|Lavry AD/DA|Grace 101|FocusritePre|Presonus Monitor Station|DynAudio Bm5a Mk2|Event
Software:Maschine|Emulator X3|Mach Five 3|Geist|UVI sound libraries|Pro Tools 10|Logic 9|Studio One Pro 2
b-righteous

Re: Question for Guru's :] Kit's w/Multi Out Global settings

Post by b-righteous »

The only way to load a kit and not overwrite the output assignments is to deselect the kit settings box in the browser. This way you won't load any filter or envelope tweaks etc. but you can still audition the raw kits through the same output. After you find the one you like you can reload with the settings and change the output assignment manually.

Otherwise, you can save the kits with the output assignments.
joker77

Post by joker77 »

nice thanks for the help :wink:
Hardware:RME Fireface|Alesis Q7|Lavry AD/DA|Grace 101|FocusritePre|Presonus Monitor Station|DynAudio Bm5a Mk2|Event
Software:Maschine|Emulator X3|Mach Five 3|Geist|UVI sound libraries|Pro Tools 10|Logic 9|Studio One Pro 2
joker77

Post by joker77 »

Ok I just tried to drag over another kit with the Kit settings deselected,but it still did overwrite the settings for the drum kits outputs inside BPM. This probably needs to be submitted as a design flaw or bug, right?

I'm gonna start re-saving my kits,but in the meantime maybe the dev's wouldn't mind taking a look at this.
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

Doesn't seem to work with drag and drop. Only works when loading from the browser. Could be by design since those settings are browser specific and drag and drop can come from anywhere.

Also note the master outs for banks and racks are not overwritten when loading kits.
joker77

Post by joker77 »

I see,well that makes it easier thanks for the confirmation. :wink:
joker77

Post by joker77 »

This works great,I can put the UVI limiter that sounds so good on all my kits now with ease, thanks!!
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

Your welcome bro.

Just figured out this is pretty cool for adding bank fx in one spot. Just use the master tab on the mix screen and click fx. Sweet! Not to mention the bank aux fx. Really simple to use.

Now if they would just let us save those rack parts.
joker77

Post by joker77 »

a word of advise, make sure to check the pads you may have had say for example : ex.group settings on, I have say a DJ Toomp ATL kit which has a ton of 808's which need Ex group cutoff on one kit,but when loading the second, say an Acoustic JustBlaze kit,it doesn't need it,and will actually not work as well with the ex. group on his kiks lol.. cool,but yeah this is gonna be sick, after I save all of these kits,I will then reselect the Kit settings checkbox,as the kits will have the MultiOuts enabled.. peace :]

Oh and make you a blank multi out kit, so when you want to start fresh,your good to go,tho this may require changing the settings again,not sure..yet :wink:
joker77

Post by joker77 »

b-righteous wrote:Your welcome bro.

Just figured out this is pretty cool for adding bank fx in one spot. Just use the master tab on the mix screen and click fx. Sweet! Not to mention the bank aux fx. Really simple to use.

Now if they would just let us save those rack parts.
no doubt,I agree man :wink:

yeah this works really well, btw have you checked out the 3 processors - 03 - UVI Master presets? add fx -(10 ) - 3 Band Processors - 03 Uvi Master - Master Pro - niiice.. I'm in love with what they do to drums,this makes it to where I can beef up the drums each time my kits are loaded without having to strap the fx on it, very cool of you to help out..
thanks
joker77

Post by joker77 »

RACKS - especially the ability to save Multi Racked Instruments as combi's to load,would be amazing!! :love: