BPM 1.5 Problems & Suggestions only.

Moderators: James Steele, ssp

b-righteous
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: BPM 1.5 Problems & Suggestions only.

Post by b-righteous »

saintjoe wrote:Focisrite Saffire pro 24, set at 96 shows same in BPM and control panel. running at 44.1
I think I remember it being specific to Windows7 x64

Sometimes it is goofy with different sample rates too. Was at 48k. If I set it to 44k and go back and forth I can trick it into matching rates and buffers. Weird.

No biggie for me anyway since I use the vst version.
saintjoe
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by saintjoe »

I'm using windows 7 x64 too
SoundsAndGear.com - music production news, tips, videos, and reviews.
saintjoe

Post by saintjoe »

Mapping quantize button only works with banks not rack parts?

can anyone confirm this one? I mapped the cc to control quantize, but it only works for when in the banks, I still have to use the mouse to turn it off for each rack part.

I'd love a "default quantize" option, so I can have it just be "off" for everything by default until I turn it on.
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

Must be card/driver specific then. Both M-audio and Lynx have the issue and someone else reported it on a different card.
joker77

Post by joker77 »

Not sure if anyone else has this issue,but when I try to explore using the bpm browser,I end up giving up,becuz it's quite hard to find my sounds. The browser is awfully small,and it's hard to know what you have in folders unless they are small words. For longer words, and deeper folders its a big prob. IF I didn't have studio ones browser to use,I'd be heart broke.

so hopefully this message gets back to the right people in charge of expanding the gui a bit.

Thanks for ur time..
Mac:Mac Pro 8 Core|12GB Ram|Lion OSX 10.7.2
Hardware:RME Fireface|Alesis Q7|Lavry AD/DA|Grace 101|FocusritePre|Presonus Monitor Station|DynAudio Bm5a Mk2|Event
Software:Maschine|Emulator X3|Mach Five 3|Geist|UVI sound libraries|Pro Tools 10|Logic 9|Studio One Pro 2
saintjoe

Post by saintjoe »

Yeah the browser could use some work. I find it easier to double click on a folder to make it the root when working in it, instead of just opening a bunch of folder levels. Works out better for me that way. But I would love to see an overhaul of it.

I like the browser in UVI workstation, how it opens horizontally and overlays the workstation.
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

Good advice. I reorganized my sample folder so they are not so deep and nested.

The new UVI workstation browser is nicer. Would also be nice to tag and search custom folders by type(kit,sample etc.)and category.
joker77

Post by joker77 »

+ 1 to the UVI workstations browser,would love to see that in bpm.
Mac:Mac Pro 8 Core|12GB Ram|Lion OSX 10.7.2
Hardware:RME Fireface|Alesis Q7|Lavry AD/DA|Grace 101|FocusritePre|Presonus Monitor Station|DynAudio Bm5a Mk2|Event
Software:Maschine|Emulator X3|Mach Five 3|Geist|UVI sound libraries|Pro Tools 10|Logic 9|Studio One Pro 2
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

I requested that one a long time back... That along with the UVI loading method used in PlugSoundPro and the UVI Workstation. I was really hoping that had made it into this upgrade.

That would've been far better than the 'non-responsive' look BPM takes on when it loads
saintjoe

Post by saintjoe »

I agree...I like some type of feedback

same with loading performances, etc... I'd rather see a "loading" circle than a "deer in the headlights" type of response :wink:
b-righteous

Broken quantize button from hell

Post by b-righteous »

The quantize button is broken. Saintjoe pointed this out before and it's driving me insane.

Bugs
-MIDI cc will turn quantize on but won't toggle it off!
-If I turn the quantize off for all parts and save a performance as a template, it won't save the quantize off state! My DAW won't save it either so it always turns on the quantize for all parts.

Further, the quantize button should not be per bank. This is one that should only be global. This makes recording parts impossible as the quantize setting will make it different than what I recorded. I never know if I am going to play doted or 16ths etc. and I may want a more natural feel. Please make this button global for all banks and allow the CC to turn it off. Also allow BPM to save the off state.
ssp

Re: Broken quantize button from hell

Post by ssp »

only had time to do a quick test.

plugged two of my controllers in, the one i built the quantise toggle works fine, make sure your button for this is in "toggle mode" not radio, or on/off mode. it will need to be toggle mode, then set the min value to 0 and the max to 127.

I set my other controller to this also and the quantise button works perfectly.

I also did a save of a quick pattern and can confirm the the state of the quantise is not saved when you reload the performance.

a global quantise is a very good idea.

I will move this thread to the relevent section.

mac pro 8-core, mac mirror door dp, graphite g4 400.
Motu 2408/24io interfaces, PT HD, Event opals, Focal twin 6.
Too many synths to mention!
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

Thanks! That did the trick. I had it set to trigger vs toggle. The CC works fine so all I really need is for BPM to save the on/off state of the quantize button. The global thing would not even be a big deal if it would save the state.

Sorry for posting in wrong forum.
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

Another suggestion.
load cc assign

The up down CC assign will always work on the browser but there is no way to load the sound from a cc command unless you use the browsers autoload function. Enter from a keyboard will work if the browser is focused but that is not always the case. Especially if you have MIDI select on then the pads take focus. So I request load as an assignable cc too.
ssp

Post by ssp »

Yes I agree an "load" or "enter" assignment would be a good idea.

It is nice to see this section being used finally and some seriously good and constructive comments coming in.

Once again thanks to you guys for your input, i am getting all of these ready to send over to those who matter for review and hopefully some feedback.

mac pro 8-core, mac mirror door dp, graphite g4 400.
Motu 2408/24io interfaces, PT HD, Event opals, Focal twin 6.
Too many synths to mention!