BPM 1.5 Problems & Suggestions only.

Moderators: James Steele, ssp

davidb63
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: BPM 1.5 Problems & Suggestions only.

Post by davidb63 »

Hmmm.. I have reproduced it everytime I have tried so far. Maybe my Axiom 49 is the problem. :lol:
ssp

Post by ssp »

B, it makes no difference, i am sat here with my controllers, i just mapped the pads on the bpm controller to have duplicate notes over the pads, thats 16 pads all with 2 sets of notes.

now when i change the buffer settings in my controller... poof it hangs simply becuase it cannot handle data speeds.

i have the same version running as you guys and i cannot make mine hang at all, period.

mac pro 8-core, mac mirror door dp, graphite g4 400.
Motu 2408/24io interfaces, PT HD, Event opals, Focal twin 6.
Too many synths to mention!
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

Good to know. Beat me to editing my last post.

Back to our regularly scheduled program. I hope we can get some bug fixes soon.
ssp

Post by ssp »

question: have you tried it in any other system than windows 7?

now i dont mind xp, a clean vista i can handle but i really hate win7. lol thats just a personal thing though!! legacy stuff hates it!

david i dont know what else to suggest, make a little youtube video and upload it showing this happening if you can, i need to see whats going on. get things set upa nd do a video if you can. use your mobile if you have to!

davidb63

Post by davidb63 »

B - I tried changing the polophny and it didn't make a difference.

SSP - try playing just the two notes on four keys.. play two at a time, fast and random. hold two down and play the other two.. and then visa versa.. etc. lol. If you have already tried that, then I'm not sure what's different. I can do it every time.

1) start new project
2) drag softy brass patch to rack
3) set sequencer to 32 bars
4) hit record and start mashing.

Sometimes it takes until I almost get to the end of the sequence.. but it will occur. At least for me.

-=-=-=

Just saw your new post. No, I haven't tried another OP, I only have WIN7 running. Maybe something to do with that, but I have recreated it on both 32 and 64 bit versions of BPM.

Maybe I'll make a video, but I can't get sound working with the program I tried.. maybe I'll try again.
ssp

Post by ssp »

david here is a quick picture of me throwing , recording and playing back in realtime on bpm, i cant get it to do what you are.

it just keeps playing with no issues what-so ever

davidb63

Post by davidb63 »

set it to 32 bars, play only two notes on using the 4 keys and play much faster.
ssp

Post by ssp »

David i did it on 16 and 32 and varied the speed it does not hang. Now unless someone else can confirm this is happenning to them it is system specific. That was just a picture showing the amount of data im throwing at it along with the 2 notes on 4 keys which i have already done!!!!.

now i have tried it on xp sp3 pro, vista ultimate 32 and 64 and mac osx and i still cannot get it to do what is happening to you. I have tested it with all of my controllers, i have had multiple MIDI data streams coming in at the same time and the software playing/recording at the same time, you cannot stress test a piece of software anymore than that!!! Believe me i know how to kill software dead! I have just loaded my test program up which is a MIDI killer sequence, it will kill an app, port or piece of equipment instantly, it will cause buffer issues with no problems. I ran that for 1 minuite and it didnt have a single dropout, glitch or error. Mind you my novation nova needs a good reset as it was on a live MIDI signal from the daw, im sure it has had a meltdown!

b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

My last post got lost.

Anyway, I updated the list on the first page with Brianl's suggestion to raise the step sequencer resolution and added the request for browser improvements. Should be enough for BPM 2 and beyond.
ssp

Post by ssp »

cleaned up some of the older posts in here , taking up thread space

david tomorrow i will have to clear the thread, but please start a new one in the general chat section and we will take it further in there.

i hope this is ok for you

thanks

ssp

davidb63

Post by davidb63 »

ssp wrote:cleaned up some of the older posts in here , taking up thread space

david tomorrow i will have to clear the thread, but please start a new one in the general chat section and we will take it further in there.

i hope this is ok for you

thanks

ssp

That's ok,, I think I'm done with it. Unless I find a workaround or an exact note sequence that causes it, I probably wont post again. I've already turned in a support ticket. I don't expect it will ever get fixed, unless lots of MIDI guitar players all of the sudden start buy BPM :)

EDIT: Ok, I've simplified it, much easier to reproduce. I'll post a new thread. I'm uploading a new video.
Voodooboom

Post by Voodooboom »

I hope there is coming a "Multi Monitor" support. It would be great to see the seqencer on one monitor; and on another monitor the Pads or the song mode or whatever.

Or what about a bigger GUI? A kind of fullscreen mode would be great.
I don't understand why there is everything so small in BPM.
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

I noticed that using a grid of 32 is fine for 16th notes and 16th note triplets but not for 32nd swing or triplets. After realizing how the sequencer works BrianL's suggestion for raising the max grid to 64 may be the easiest fix. They also would need to increase the max number of steps so you could have more bars at higher res. Guru has a similar sequencer and they had the same issues. They solved it by raising the max grid to 64 and max steps to 512.

I imported my own grooves from the MPC5k and they seem to have a better feel than the stock MPC grooves. Works really nice. Since BPM is relying on grooves for feel then the groove system should be per bank with the render function I suggested. With this in mind, they also need to fix the issues with the quantize button not being recalled and always defaulting to on.
corbo-billy
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by corbo-billy »

Something else (sorry !) _
This has perhaps already been asked but I liked the arpeggiator parameters are automatable.
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
joker77

Post by joker77 »

Please allow BPM to be saved with MIDI SELECT ON... I ran into an issue yesterday,thinking it would save..long story short,it needs to be able to save in my daw with it ON,all the time... Please 8)
Mac:Mac Pro 8 Core|12GB Ram|Lion OSX 10.7.2
Hardware:RME Fireface|Alesis Q7|Lavry AD/DA|Grace 101|FocusritePre|Presonus Monitor Station|DynAudio Bm5a Mk2|Event
Software:Maschine|Emulator X3|Mach Five 3|Geist|UVI sound libraries|Pro Tools 10|Logic 9|Studio One Pro 2