BPM 1.5 Problems & Suggestions only.

Moderators: James Steele, ssp

BrianL
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: BPM 1.5 Problems & Suggestions only.

Post by BrianL »

BIG Bug/Glitch!!!!!

Undo fails to work if you try to use it before you record.

To reproduce:

Open BPM

Simply Draw in a note, try to undo it with the Undo Button.

The BPM Undo command ignores the drawn in note, leaving the note untouched.

But once you initiate a recording, Undo becomes active and capable of undoing everything recorded or drawn in 'after' that recording.

The original note or notes drawn in before recording will get ignored and be untouchable by Undo.

Expected results:

BPM should be able to Undo anything Drawn in from its initial startup.

As a suggestion: I also expect Undo to touch on all operations: Tempo Changes, Knob/Slider adjustments and the like.

Undo should also work in Levels, example: Drawn in four notes; Undo should delete them one at a time (from the last to the first).

Currently BPM's Undo removes all notes at once. Expected behavior should be as mentioned above.
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

Another Request/Suggestion:

Graph features [Roll, TimeShift, Velocity, Length, Pan, Semi, Fine, CutoffMod, ResonanceMod, and DecayMod] should all be assignable under Remote Options.
ssp

Post by ssp »

regarding the undo function prior to hitting record.

I notified the beta team of this issue on release as soon as I know more I will let you know ( if allowed under the terms of my nda).

As per the rest of the suggestions and reports, please keep them coming, I will group them into a document and give them to the beta team when there is a suitable range of suggestions and error reports.

I wanted to say many thanks to you all for contributing to the thread and keeping it more structured. This can only help the Dev's with improving the product.

mac pro 8-core, mac mirror door dp, graphite g4 400.
Motu 2408/24io interfaces, PT HD, Event opals, Focal twin 6.
Too many synths to mention!
sampa

Post by sampa »

saintjoe wrote:nah, it's in the top left corner
Can someone on a mac confirm that they can see the performance name at the top left in v.1.5 I do not see it
BeatPadMan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by BeatPadMan »

The name of the performance is right on the TOP and CENTER of the GUI on the mac. It has the name and the prefix (I gues so that you know it's a performance duh!) I can't download a picture but that's where it is on my mac
sampa

Post by sampa »

Thanks. - all i see at the top center is BPM. Here is what i am doing I open a blank session - create something then I save performance as .... then i name it. I close out of BPM. Then I go into my folder to find that performance and open it. BPM launches and my work is there but the top middle just says BPM. Not a big deal but i am just wondering why i dont see it.
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

I am on Windows but mine is not displayed on the plug-in window only in stand alone. It has to do with the way the host displays that section as the plug-in name.
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

Undo fails to work if you try to use it before you record.

To reproduce:

Open BPM

Simply Draw in a note, try to undo it with the Undo Button.

The BPM Undo command ignores the drawn in note, leaving the note untouched.
This is because pressing record is the only thing that sets the undo point. When you hit undo, everything you recorded and drew in since you last pressed record is erased. It would be better if drawing in the graph or any right click sequencer command would start the undo point over and treat it the same as pressing record. That way it will undo the last sequencer action. As long as it still would delete a whole recording take. It also needs redo!

I have to disagree with making it keep track of all your sound edits. I think it should just be a sequencer undo just like the MPC.
Last edited by b-righteous on Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sampa

Post by sampa »

I dont see it in standalone. I will try it as a plugin in logic and see if it displays.
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

I think you said you already tried this but mine only shows it after loading a user saved performance.(not kit)
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

A couple old issues still remain.

The racks do not record sustain notes held past the loop boundary. This causes abrupt cutoff of sustain notes.

The stand alone still sets high latency and is a mismatch of what is displayed in BPM and my sound cards control panel. BPM will force it to 1024 buffers when BPM wrongly says it's at 128. I found no way to avoid this unless you use it as a plug-in.

Also, it would be nice if the pad MIDI select did not react to BPM's sequencer playback. It only should respond to MIDI input.
saintjoe

Post by saintjoe »

b-righteous wrote:A couple old issues still remain.

The racks do not record sustain notes held past the loop boundary. This causes abrupt cutoff of sustain notes.

The stand alone still sets high latency and is a mismatch of what is displayed in BPM and my sound cards control panel. BPM will force it to 1024 buffers when BPM wrongly says it's at 128. I found no way to avoid this unless you use it as a plug-in.

Also, it would be nice if the pad MIDI select did not react to BPM's sequencer playback. It only should respond to MIDI input.

I notice the MIDI select responding to sequencer thing too, definitely needs to be changed.

I don't have a problem with BPM buffer settings though, is this showing in your BPM audio settings? Mines matches the same settings that I have set on my interface.
SoundsAndGear.com - music production news, tips, videos, and reviews.
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

This was confirmed on 4 different sound cards. What sound card are you using?
To reproduce:

-Open BPM stand alone and open the audio MIDI settings.
-Change to buffer of 128 or lower.
-Keep BPM open.
-Open your sound cards own control panel from Windows start menu.
-Check what buffer size it reports.
saintjoe

Post by saintjoe »

Focisrite Saffire pro 24, set at 96 shows same in BPM and control panel. running at 44.1
SoundsAndGear.com - music production news, tips, videos, and reviews.
sampa

Post by sampa »

sampa wrote:
saintjoe wrote:nah, it's in the top left corner
Can someone on a mac confirm that they can see the performance name at the top left in v.1.5 I do not see it

ok i realized what is happening - I only see the performance name displayed when i open it from the actual BPM browser (File)
I was not seeing the name before because I was going into the folder on my mac and opening the BPM performance before launching BPM.