bpm hardware (update)

Moderators: James Steele, ssp

bobbybland

Re: bpm hardware (update)

Post by bobbybland »

Thanks for sharing this with us. :wink: Looks like it's ready to for my studio too now,if your gonna build these for clients,I would like one. :D :D I'll pay up front if your interested. :mrgreen: Again thanks for sharing this.
bobbybland

Post by bobbybland »

ssp,
are you interested in selling units to bpm users? btw,how we're you able to get all the cc functions working with your controller?
ssp
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by ssp »

bobbybland wrote:ssp,
are you interested in selling units to bpm users? btw,how we're you able to get all the cc functions working with your controller?

a kit is possible, but it wouldnt be cheap, it would involve making cases, end panels and pcbs also getting components in bulk. let me check into it and get back to you.

as for the software im sorry i cannot disclose any information about it, as i signed an NDA with Motu i am legally bound by this.

remember my magic word? patience :D :D :D :D

mac pro 8-core, mac mirror door dp, graphite g4 400.
Motu 2408/24io interfaces, PT HD, Event opals, Focal twin 6.
Too many synths to mention!
bobbybland

Post by bobbybland »

I'm in man,I will pay for quality,just let me know what you come up with.Thanks :wink:
bobbybland

Post by bobbybland »

I'm impressed with that kit man, lets make this happen.I'm sitting here looking at my Maschine controller and looking at the one you made...ahhh gotta have it man.. :mrgreen:
ssp

Post by ssp »

well now, i havent updated this for a while!

i have been busy designing and sourcing parts etc. i am now in the process or getting ready to build a smaller footprint bpm/generic hybrid controller. The units size will be around the same as the maschine is.

Hopefully it will be usb bus powered, and at the moment im not sure if it will have a lcd display or not.

also a second version which will comprise of two parts, a 1 or 2 u rack brain unit, with a single command link lead to the control surface. The benefit of this is the fact you can have all your libraries installed into the rack unit as it will contain several solid state drives, with the OS being modified for sole bpm/synth use.

The control surface will be quite thin and will also have a display built in. This will also have expander ports on the rear to add side car controllers and mixer units.

Hopefully i will show some pictures over the next week or so prior to prototype builds.

Will keep you updated as i go.

thabutcha

Post by thabutcha »

Hey just wanted to let you know I'm interested in a bpm Hardware controller.
bobbybland

Post by bobbybland »

Thanks for the update ssp :wink:
mike_o
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by mike_o »

keep us all posted on this thing man, looks great.
Nomad76

Post by Nomad76 »

Hi, This is Nice! I definitely have enough MIDI controllers, but I want this one! LOL. It has the right amount of encoders and faders, its a BPM.

But I'm just positing so that I can be added to the notification list on this thread.
Good Work!
ssp

Post by ssp »

i will be posting all new info and details about my new designs on the midibox.org forums as this was the main site for the build of the bpm controller unit. any more info you need to know please catch me on there in the design concepts section.

thanks

bobbybland

Post by bobbybland »

great news 8)
Dwetmaster
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Dwetmaster »

Any update/evolution on the project?
MacPro 8Core 2.8GHZ 16GB RAM OSX10.8.3
MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 2011 OSX10.8.3
896mk3, BLA Modded 896HD, BLA Microclock, MTP-AV, Yamaha KX-8, CME VX-7 Mackie Ctrl, megadrum, Presonus C-S,
DP8.04, Bidule, M5 3, Ethno 2, BPM 1.5 Kontakt4, BFD2, SD2, Omnisphere, Wave Arts P-S5, Altiverb7, PSP VW & OldTimer, VB3, Ivory 2 Grand, True Pianos, Ozone 5, Reason 4, AmpliTube3, Bla bla bla...
A few El & Ac basses & Guitars, Hammond A-100.
ssp

Post by ssp »

No updates on this as of yet as i have been working on a self contained softsynth unit, heres a preview of the initial renders and build test in the design software.

so as you can see I am a little busy with that at the moment refining the design.

As soon as this one is finished I have something else to design and build then i may get to the new "streamlined" version of the controller.

joker77

Post by joker77 »

I love the positioning of the unit.Cool to have a look at your thoughts of design,unique. thanks for sharing
Mac:Mac Pro 8 Core|12GB Ram|Lion OSX 10.7.2
Hardware:RME Fireface|Alesis Q7|Lavry AD/DA|Grace 101|FocusritePre|Presonus Monitor Station|DynAudio Bm5a Mk2|Event
Software:Maschine|Emulator X3|Mach Five 3|Geist|UVI sound libraries|Pro Tools 10|Logic 9|Studio One Pro 2