bpm hardware (update)

Moderators: James Steele, ssp

James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: bpm hardware (update)

Post by James Steele »

FrankW wrote:While I admire your painstaking effort, it almost seems like a waste of time considering the software yet has so many shortcomings... :(
And the "Wet Blanket" award of the day...
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
enot
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by enot »

once the hardware is done can you upload some videos so we can see it in action?
bobbybland

Post by bobbybland »

+1 would be great.
ssp

Post by ssp »

a video or two shouldnt be a problem, no updates as of yet as im still waiting for front panel graphics and some boards, until then its a matter of patience im afraid.

once the unit is finished i will then have to get on and do the test with the software and re-write any asm code i need to and recompile then up to the core

i will keep you updated though

mac pro 8-core, mac mirror door dp, graphite g4 400.
Motu 2408/24io interfaces, PT HD, Event opals, Focal twin 6.
Too many synths to mention!
bobbybland

Post by bobbybland »

+1 video's will be awesome! Good luck with your creation.
itsthenoise
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by itsthenoise »

very, very, very interested in this project.

good luck with it!
Cairns

Post by Cairns »

Very good job.. I would buy this one.. Please keep us all inform
Music is a moral law,
it gives wings to the mind,
a soul to the universe,
flight to the imagination,
a charm to sadness,
a life to everything,
Plato 400 B.C.
enot

Post by enot »

ok i have been contemplating this hardware and i knew there was something missing for instance. when we would want to trigger note repeat there is no way to do this on the hardware so what i would like to suggest is in the left corner next to the banks you should add the time divisions right next to it. making the workflow easy on the user. what do you think?
ssp

Post by ssp »

enot wrote:ok i have been contemplating this hardware and i knew there was something missing for instance. when we would want to trigger note repeat there is no way to do this on the hardware so what i would like to suggest is in the left corner next to the banks you should add the time divisions right next to it. making the workflow easy on the user. what do you think?

the whole purpose of the controller is to bring the most common used parts of the controller software to a physical use, the options you define are better suited to the software editing side of things. to add them would require uvi to programme that into bpm and specify cc# to them and then i would have to have the casework rebuild after i re design it adding more components and also having more pcb's made. its not a practical option and one i wont be taking up with the build im afraid. a good idea but just not feasable right now.

bobbybland

Post by bobbybland »

In theory UVI could program their software to work correctly with the note repeat as a cc - and then map it to his controller. The software just needs the ability to have freely assignable cc's in depth.
ssp

Post by ssp »

sorry for the delay in updates.

as per request of note repeats, its done, its in the code and editor for the hardware.

just got the pcbs from gp china via a friend in germany who checked and optomised the pcbs for me. i will populate the boards soon and add more pics, i hope to have pics of the coated casework shortly.

pics.

bobbybland

Post by bobbybland »

:wink: Marvelous, have fun putting it together!
Cairns

Post by Cairns »

SWEET! Damn.. Hook me up with one.. PM me on the price bro! :o
Music is a moral law,
it gives wings to the mind,
a soul to the universe,
flight to the imagination,
a charm to sadness,
a life to everything,
Plato 400 B.C.
ssp

Post by ssp »

well im having a little break from it over xmas so there wont be an update for a few days, thats if i can stop myself soldering away tomorrow night :lol: :lol: :lol:

the boards look amazing in the flesh so to speak, the reason for the red colouring on the baords is to tie with the red led display for the menu system on the top left of the case, i thought it would look more in keeping with the style of the software.

i will keep you all updated as the build comes to completion and testing begins.

FrankW

Post by FrankW »

James Steele wrote:
FrankW wrote:While I admire your painstaking effort, it almost seems like a waste of time considering the software yet has so many shortcomings... :(
And the "Wet Blanket" award of the day...
Hey, it is what it is. And even more interesting, I am directly responsible for at least one of BPM's current features, and probably get more use out of BPM than a lot of the folks here who complain about it. Never know who's in the forum, do ya?... :wink: