'ranting' forum sub-title deletion suggestion

Here's where all the ranting and griping about BPM will go since there are a few people insisting on clogging up the BPM Forum with trashing BPM.

Moderator: ssp

M-Goldie
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by M-Goldie »

"Here's where all the ranting and griping about BPM will go since there are a few people insisting on clogging up the BPM Forum with trashing BPM."

do we really need to have this as a sub-title to this part of the forum?
OSX 10.6.4 / logic pro 9 / reason 5 / bias peak 6 / bpm 1.5 /
ssp

Re: 'ranting' forum sub-title deletion suggestion

Post by ssp »

I spent just over a week clearing out some of the mosy unproductive, immature, foul languaged post's i have seen on a forum a while ago.

And even now i still have to clean out posts or edit content simply becuase people do not think before they post up.

This forum is not related to motu in any way, it is not sposored by them or paid for by them, Mr James Steele owns and runs this site personally. And as such he has a set of guidelines that members here have to follow.

Due to the issues that we have had with people in tbe bpm section, i split the whole thing off after it had been cleaned up, i also suggested that we had a general moaning section so that all teh doomsayers could have a place to vent. This meant that the more sensible and constructive comments and issues could be raised in thier relative sections as you see it now.

Since i did this the bpm section has calmed down and the regular posters here are more helpful with each other and the suggestions are better organised.

When its time to work on a new update for BPM this means that the wants/suggestions list is easily readable and there for me to pass to the dev's.

Occasionally one of the UVI devs comes in and checks a few things over and offers suggestions and problem solving, do not ask for the members details as i will not allow them to become bombarded with numerous messages in thier private mail.

As i have time at the moment i caome in and check things over, i am hoping to be back to regular things in here shortly and answering as many questions as i can giving that i am still under the N.D.A agreement with motu.

The section will stay as named as even now we still have to move to occasional posting or delete it.

mac pro 8-core, mac mirror door dp, graphite g4 400.
Motu 2408/24io interfaces, PT HD, Event opals, Focal twin 6.
Too many synths to mention!
M-Goldie

Post by M-Goldie »

Well explained, thanks :) And well done for time and effort spent clearing out the unhelpful posts/users.

For what its worth I still suggest a sub-title change for the reason that kind of reflects badly on the product - like there is a lot to moan about if you know what I mean.

So it could be "Ranting, griping, off-topic. etc."

Anyway, that's my 2pence.

Cheers, keep up the good work.
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by James Steele »

I can't remember if I added that description or not. I'm not a BPM user and I added this forum just to help out. I don't know HOW it happened but the BPM forum immediately became the most unpleasant, foul, negative part of the board whose stench was wafting over to the other sections of the board so bad I considered killing it off entirely. It was the no mans land of this "nation." ssp has done an admirable job policing it rather than shut it down-- which was my inclination.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
M-Goldie

Post by M-Goldie »

sounds nasty, must be before my time.