Post Your beats useing only motu bpm

Here's where all the ranting and griping about BPM will go since there are a few people insisting on clogging up the BPM Forum with trashing BPM.

Moderator: ssp

crowrican
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post Your beats useing only motu bpm

Post by crowrican »

I just bought motu bpm but its back order so i still have time to back out!. please tell me can you make sick beats just using motu bpm? can you post samples so i can hear how they sound.

windows 7 64bit
Hp pavilion dv5
intel core i3
3gigs ddr3

mxl990/saffire 6 usb/sonar 8.5
M-Goldie

Re: Post Your beats useing only motu bpm

Post by M-Goldie »

yes you can make really excellent beats with bpm.

i have some frustrations with it, mainly because of some small bugs, and it could be improved with some very simple feature enhancements, that they should have thought of and will hopefully add in. i've had it two weeks, its probably the best software drum machine/sampler i've got, and i'm hoping motu don't drag their feet with bug fixes and some feature improvements because i'd like to stick with it - it suits my workflow better than others i've got.

(p.s. this topic should be in general chit chat shouldn't it?)
OSX 10.6.4 / logic pro 9 / reason 5 / bias peak 6 / bpm 1.5 /
crowrican

Post by crowrican »

Im new to all of this when you say bugs what do you mean? is it that bad? also do you use a MIDI controller? what kind if you do? can you email me or post a beat that you made?
ssp

Post by ssp »

If you want to see bpm in action then i suggest you goto you tube and do a search for motu bpm as there are lots of very good videos with excellent sound on there.

that way you can see if you will like it or not.

you can use any controller with bpm you are not limited to just one as it has the capability to MIDI learn.

mac pro 8-core, mac mirror door dp, graphite g4 400.
Motu 2408/24io interfaces, PT HD, Event opals, Focal twin 6.
Too many synths to mention!
M-Goldie

Post by M-Goldie »

crowrican wrote:Im new to all of this when you say bugs what do you mean? is it that bad? also do you use a MIDI controller? what kind if you do? can you email me or post a beat that you made?
it is perfectly useable and all software has bugs and issues of one kind or another so don't worry. it is a very good application and you can make great beats with it.

check the thread about 'problems and suggestions in bpm 1.5' if you want to read about the issues but don't let it put you off.

depends how you like to work but a controller would be useful, even if its a keyboard. you can draw beats in if you prefer. i actually use my Maschine controller + an edirol keyboard.

you would probably get a better idea of the built-in sounds by looking on the MOTU site and youtube to be honest. the drum library is massive, you shouldn't have a problem doing whatever you want.

what do you want to do with it? are you using it with another app? logic etc.
OSX 10.6.4 / logic pro 9 / reason 5 / bias peak 6 / bpm 1.5 /
crowrican

Post by crowrican »

i will be using it with sonar 8.5 but my main reason is to be able to make beats just with the bpm i just got a mpd18 does anybody have any beats or vids i can hear of just using the bpm?
BKK-OZ
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by BKK-OZ »

SSP answered your question.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku