BPM new update complaints

Here's where all the ranting and griping about BPM will go since there are a few people insisting on clogging up the BPM Forum with trashing BPM.

Moderator: ssp

ssp
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

BPM new update complaints

Post by ssp »

Please post your issues and complaints here.

mac pro 8-core, mac mirror door dp, graphite g4 400.
Motu 2408/24io interfaces, PT HD, Event opals, Focal twin 6.
Too many synths to mention!
Cpluse2

Re: BPM new update complaints

Post by Cpluse2 »

I see why software piracy so high. Because of BS like this. I have to pay for a 1.5 update when i just spent 200.00 for feature that should of been there already added. Note repeat, that feature is in everything. I'm held on to my BPM thinking it be a updated & soon to get few more sound, but hell with this im selling mine ASAP and going to by a machine. I liked the sound in BMP but if i have to pay every-time to get bug fixes and extra feature it's not worth it. It show motu as a company is going down hill....
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by James Steele »

Cpluse2 wrote:I see why software piracy so high. Because of BS like this. I have to pay for a 1.5 update when i just spent 200.00 for feature that should of been there already added. Note repeat, that feature is in everything. I'm held on to my BPM thinking it be a updated & soon to get few more sound, but hell with this im selling mine ASAP and going to by a machine. I liked the sound in BMP but if i have to pay every-time to get bug fixes and extra feature it's not worth it. It show motu as a company is going down hill....
So when you bought it initially you had no idea what you were buying and what the feature set was?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
ssp

Post by ssp »

Im sorry you feel that way, however if you take a closer look at the upgrade and what you get you will find you get the following:

A larger and improved standard library
Beatbox anthology add on library from U.V.I with liok authorisation.
The BPM software update that includes many new features and new pattern library.
A new set of DVD's from motu.

so you state "I'm held on to my BPM thinking it be a updated & soon to get few more sound" well you have the update and you have the larger and improved upon library, just what you wanted.

It's a shame you feel the need to sell your BPM, however it is your choice. I hope you enjoy using the other software in it's stead.

Cpluse2

Post by Cpluse2 »

Wait a min, when I received the memo the site didn’t look like this. The Beat box Anthology was not there.
And the control system was not as detail as it is now. O well I shot myself in the foot … Ok now I see why you have to pay for the update.. But again check the site. When you click upgrade and click on say Customized control. I get this. (Below) But yes Beat Box and pad setup alone is worth it and Note Repeat. I can admit when I am wrong. But still love my maschine and work very well with BPM. Best of both worlds. O and Steele(Mr. Dark Crystal) I knew what I bought, hoping they would expand on features as time went on with out paying out the wa-zoo , as other good companies do. But as I said this is a fare price to pay for what you get as ssp explained….

Our apologies...
The item you requested does not exist on this server or cannot be served.
Learn answers to frequently-asked questions (FAQ) about accessing this web site.
The organization of our web site changed when we launched the new MOTU.com. If you saved an old link as a "favorite" or "bookmark," it may not work any more.
Downloads
songa

Post by songa »

heres a complaint about the actual software...

does anyone else's bpm crash (im using the latest v1.5 in standalone) when you open up the clip window and click on "slice"? sometimes it crashes after clicking slice, then switching between "transients" or "grid" etc. so its not easy to replicate exactly everytime, but i do know it crashes in the clip window. is anyone else experiencing this? is there something i can do to fix this or is this something that will have to be addressed in a software update?

thanks!
jacey714

Post by jacey714 »

My BPM 1.5 crashes everytime I try to open a piano patch.
ssp

Post by ssp »

jacey714 wrote:My BPM 1.5 crashes everytime I try to open a piano patch.
one post and no information about this issue? how do you expect to get any help if you are not going to supply any information for us to help you?

start a thread in the osx bpm forum and we will take it from there. please be descriptive in the issue and your version of osx, system details etc.