bpm users first impression

Here's where all the ranting and griping about BPM will go since there are a few people insisting on clogging up the BPM Forum with trashing BPM.

Moderator: ssp

enot
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

bpm users first impression

Post by enot »

as you know bpm 1.0.5 came out today and i for one couldn't wait to be able to use this nice looking machine in my brand new presonus studio one or logic but before i tossed it into the daw i decided to check it out standalone i opened it up and added some sounds nothing specific bd, clap, snare, and a bass sample. i turned up the volume on the audio interface i taped on the first drum pad, sounded sturdy :D taped on the second drum pad heard the tight clap :D taped on the 3rd pad all good taped on the forth pad and it sounded like the bd on the first pad :?: taped on the first pad and yea it was the same bd :? "they didn't tighting that up? no biggie. added two more sounds another kick tested the note repeat on it, all good :) i went to the clip window and dropped a nice size sample in it, a j dilla file, took a min for it to register in the window,no biggie.dam no changes where made in the clip window :? so i tried to slice it looks and acts the same as before wow ok. so i opened up my safari and went to youtube to see a video done by harmoney central with jim cooper he talks about 64bit "windows" editing beat slices in the window, and an arpeggiator. i don't recall any of us asking for any of this but let me be sure and go threw the threads and check. nope, no one asked for a dam arpeggiator. what is wrong with these people. i for one am tired of waiting on a proper update, im done. for any one interested in motu bpm here is my personal thought on it. if you are new to making music and need or want something that looks nice to trigger your samples ohh and sounds good then this is for you. if you are for real about making music and not toying around and want something workflow efficient this is not for you, for pc users there are better drum softwares on the market and better samplers then bpm and to be perfectly honest i dont even understand who this is designed for! but i was dealing with it. mac users or only other choice is native instruments or a hardware module. i just bought studio one "daw" and it has a drum mod called impact, it sync to my mpd 32 with no prob you can use the note repeat no prob note cutoff chop samples whatever no prob and low to no latency :D i would highly recommend it to pc and mac users. as you can see here, they not paying no attention to nothing we have said in these threads and to add features that no one even recommended is another slap in the face by motu. it has been almost a year people. i know when its time to call it quits. by the way ill let it go for $260.00
bimz
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: bpm users first impression

Post by bimz »

i hear you dude motu staff are cunny this new update
crashes when when dragin sample from my hard drive.
check out beatkangz btv
faithzone
enot

Post by enot »

i have giving up on motu. working on getting native instruments machine and getting rid of bpm and mpd32, no need to have 2 pieces that generally don't go together and have the one solid software hardware match and be able to make music again. attempting to use bpm was to much of a chore. the part that gets to me the most is i waited again thinking that they where going to give us the necessary update and again we where fooled by there misleading tactics, when i just should have trusted my gut. there are to many thing that are not right with this program for it to be truly effective which means they would have to re write code but i can see that some people like it, but im almost for sure that those who do like it they have never used a hardware drum module and thats cool! but this software is more of a step back then forward for drum programing with software if even a step at all.
Red_Camel

Post by Red_Camel »

Well, well, well. Seems like am not the only one with my third eye open. I updated to v105 and was really wondering where the changes were. I copped NI's Maschine and have been very active in their forum helping out! Unlike some software companies that feel like they're doing you a favor for making a wack product for you to by, NI's really listening to it's user base and making changes that the user's a recommending and not what THEY want or feel the user's need. Like enot said, who really asked for an Arpegiator in the feature requests thread? Maschine is the truth and the future as far as am concerned. I've been monitoring this forum and watching some dude making a controller for BPM but all that is wack if the software is this WEAK! Going back to what enot said again, REAL BEAT MAKERS know what's needed to crank out some proper heat. I'll leave it as that. I pledge no allegiance to these corporations and certainly won't let them hold back my creativity.

You know, comes to think of it, it could be a conspiracy to prevent newbies from really having the tools needed to get the work done! The misleading advertisement in the beginning should have been a clear sign of problems to come. NI left out a host of basic features in their software too (trim, normalize, truncate, etc. etc) but at least they're listening and making changes that the user's want and not what THEY THINK the user's need/want. What a waste. I haven't even bothered to use the new update to make anything 'cause I know, if I program a synth, it's still going to cutoff at the end of the bar and result in an un-natural sounding beat. Pure wackness.

Maschine is the truth! Enuff said. BPM looks kool when it's opened though. I'll make a screenshot of it opened and save it as a desktop background. That seems to be all that's it's good for at the moment. Just like MachFive v2 was stiffled and NEVER took off due to crashes, it seems Beats Inc (I mean BPM) is prone to the same faith. Could it be something with the UVI engine? It's a shame such a good sounding engine cannot be perfected. Wack. Am done with supporting this software.
AMD 9850 QuadCore - Vista 64 Ultimate/WINXP SP3 Dual-Boot, 8gb RAM - 2xNvidia 1GB 8800GT SLI - Reaper 3.x-current,Propellerhead Record+Reason 4, Battery 3, BPM v1.0.x-current, MachFive 2, NI Intakt v1.03,other assorted plugz.
=================================================
Edirol M-16DX Digital Mixer, JoeMeek TwinQ Pre, Audio Technica AT4047, Sure SM57, M-Audio LightBridge ProFire & Delta 1010 PCI, ClearSonic Isopac-E Vocal Booth, a whole sea of love for recording and music making process.
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

While I see were you guys are coming from and agree that there are short comings, it seems a little harsh.

From UVI side we must consider that they are smaller than NI and have to update several MOTU products with just a couple engineers.

The arpeggio was not a hot request but I think it just trickled down from UVI workstation. These products share the same engine and a feature from one may make it to the next.

Just want to put those things in perspective when we consider the tone of our post. Regardless of the reasons of course if one company can't deliver what you need then we have to consider other options.
bobbybland

Post by bobbybland »

I guess Motu should hire more developers,surely there are a bunch of talented young whipper snappers out there that would love a job. :lol:
enot

Post by enot »

hey bobby an b-righteous here is a scenario! lets say you are a contractor for a whole block. and every one on the block writes to the contractor saying we all need air conditioners in our home. the contractor instead of adding air conditioners he adds another window to all the homes. the home owners ask what the hell happen with putting in air conditioners? and he says i had some windows left over from another job plus i was short staffed. that does not fly with me.. :evil:
FrankW

Post by FrankW »

Red_Camel wrote: I've been monitoring this forum and watching some dude making a controller for BPM but all that is wack if the software is this WEAK!
Be careful, or James Steele may drop in here and hand you a Wet Blanket award! :mrgreen:
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

FrankW wrote:
Be careful, or James Steele may drop in here and hand you a Wet Blanket award!
Hey Frank. I don't go around saying "Be careful or Frank will pop in here and make a smart-assed comment." do I? I think I've been very good about sitting back and letting the BPM forum deteriorate into a BPM "Beatmakers' Bitchfest," don't you? :roll:
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
enot

Post by enot »

:lol: :lol:
ssp

Post by ssp »

ah its ok james.

to be honest i just ignore them now, this is the little boys play room let them be.

mac pro 8-core, mac mirror door dp, graphite g4 400.
Motu 2408/24io interfaces, PT HD, Event opals, Focal twin 6.
Too many synths to mention!
enot

Post by enot »

im going to ignore that comment you made ssp, i stick to the subject of bpm, anything i said on this board is 100% true i dont make comments towards people and i have done nothing but supported your efforts in your development ssp.
ssp

Post by ssp »

it was a generalisation enot, simply because of the level of maturity in the posts recently.

mac pro 8-core, mac mirror door dp, graphite g4 400.
Motu 2408/24io interfaces, PT HD, Event opals, Focal twin 6.
Too many synths to mention!
FrankW

Post by FrankW »

James Steele wrote: Hey Frank. I don't go around saying "Be careful or Frank will pop in here and make a smart-assed comment." do I?
Maybe not. But I sure did hear about it when all I did was state the obvious. And aside from your smart-assed comment here(and your unsolicited Wet Blanket Award), I defy you to show me where I've been a part of the so-called Bitchfest... :wink: