DP 7 Training:

Moderators: James Steele, Shooshie

Forum rules
This forum is being developed and is intended as intended as a place to bring together various Digital Performer video tutorials. Currently only YouTube videos may be embedded using the [YouTube] BB code.
banditblack
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

DP 7 Training:

Post by banditblack »

I'm still back in Digital Performer 7, and looking for some medium to more advanced Tutorials. I still see one or two on Google, but much more available for 8 and 9.

Just wondering if anyone can recomend or point me to an archive of DP 7 training, or let me know if you think getting a Tutorial on 8 will cause confusion, or not be helpful. I'm likely to upgrade in the next few years, but would really like to get 7 nailed first.

There are some really good single point videos, my need is more in taking a project from start to finish.
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 7 Training:

Post by stubbsonic »

Some (perhaps most) of the tutorials you find for 8 & 9 will still be at least partially relevant depending on the topic. The basics are still pretty much the same (I think).
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

I have no idea how relevant this is still:

http://play.askvideo.com/search?q=digital+performer
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
banditblack
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by banditblack »

Yeah, that's the only one I could find on 7...and it's a subscibe-by-the-month site, which I assume means no downloading and ownership of the material, seems like a way to get you roped into their site longterm...

Gotta be more out there, I actually had some great videos that I downloaded a few years ago, but never got through them, and lost them in a hard drive crash.
AlanGonzales

Post by AlanGonzales »

The textbook helps in learning, so people who study all the time are constantly looking for new, modern, good textbooks. Previously, the search for modern, good, new textbooks was much more difficult than the process of this search is now.

The problem in finding new textbooks is as strong as choosing one textbook between two similar ones. But with the choice of one textbook between two similar ones, it can be done with the help of the service about which everyone can read more, to which students pay for essays and which can provide a review for two textbooks in which the main topics, textbook structures will be described.

In conclusion, I want to say that reading is not the only way to improve the general educational level.