NEW DP9.1 and Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 YouTube Video

Moderators: James Steele, Shooshie

Forum rules
This forum is being developed and is intended as intended as a place to bring together various Digital Performer video tutorials. Currently only YouTube videos may be embedded using the [YouTube] BB code.
Steve Steele
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

NEW DP9.1 and Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 YouTube Video

Post by Steve Steele »

It's nice that DP9.1 and VEP6 came out at the same time. Both are really good and stable. I ran them hard together for 24 hours straight and not a single crash. So I made a video about starting from scratch with an empty DP document. I set everything up, wrote about 20 bars of orchestral music, did some editing and finished. I explain everything as I go.

I tried a new method to condense an hour down to 20 minutes. Let me know if you still find the video helpful or if it's too fast. All I was trying to show was the process. That's really what the video is about. So the pace seemed ok. And you get to see enough of VEP6 to get an idea of what it feels like. I'll probably continue to use this style in future videos where it fits. The fast pace starts around 2:15.

Enjoy!

Mac Studio M1 Ultra, 128GBs Unified memory, 4TB SSD.
Interfaces: MOTU M2 and 8A (2.1 and 5.1 setups).
DAWs: Digital Performer 11, Logic Pro, Cubase 12 Pro, Studio One Pro.
Sample Libraries: Primary - VSL (all), Spitfire, (mostly all), and many others.
External Controllers: Metagrid Pro and Studio Logic SL|MIXFACE
supersonic

Re: NEW DP9.1 and Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 YouTube Video

Post by supersonic »

very useful. One can always slowdown :). Do you think that with the latest version of DP, running VEP 6 on the same machine is still advantageous?
Music is movement in silence
My day jon - http://www.audioplanet.pl
My other passion - http://www.aps-company.pl
dix

Re: NEW DP9.1 and Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 YouTube Video

Post by dix »

This video works great. Very useful in getting an overview of your method of setting up and composing. Plus lots of great info apart from the VEP6 setup. As mentioned, you can slow down the YouTube video if need be (though it makes you sound drunk!).

I'm also curious if people are finding that DP 9.5's resource management scheme is making VEP non-hosted/single machine usage obsolete. I recently completed a few projects that were around the size of the project in this video, maybe a little larger, all within DP 9.5 with no problems whatsoever. Zero crashes for days and days. Record enabling and auditioning notes is slightly glitchy, but that's the only downside.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com