Breakout songs from long sequence into separate projects

Moderators: James Steele, Shooshie

Forum rules
This forum is being developed and is intended as intended as a place to bring together various Digital Performer video tutorials. Currently only YouTube videos may be embedded using the [YouTube] BB code.
Dan Worley
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Breakout songs from long sequence into separate projects

Post by Dan Worley »

Here's how to breakout songs from a long sequence into separate sequence chunks and/or projects.

DP10.13
bayswater

Re: Breakout songs from long sequence into separate projects

Post by bayswater »

Nicely done. I'll never forget: "remove from list", not "delete".
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
arzoo
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by arzoo »

Good job on the video, too. May I ask what you used to make that? And what format did you end up putting it in? I'd like to know a decent format that captures the sharpness, keeps the file-size manageable for up/download, and that prevents audio drift when streamed or downloaded. My tutorial on Adjust Beats is an embarrassment because of the drifting audio. I'd export it to a different format if I knew the right one. If I can ever make this process fast and brainless, I'd upload a lot more videos.
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

Arzoo, I used Screenflow and output to mp4 using h.264 encoding.
DP10.13
Steve Steele

Post by Steve Steele »

Dan Worley wrote:Arzoo, I used Screenflow and output to mp4 using h.264 encoding.
Hey Dan - May I ask you about using Screenflow? (Sorry to hijack the thread). I know you're not tech support, but man, Telestream has NOT been helpful.

Are you using Screenflow only, or have you got Soundflower or WireTap working in Mavericks? I thought Soundflower and WireTap were still not working yet.

I used to make videos back before Lion broke the kext for apps tapping into core audio. Now I'm trying to get back up and running.

Basically I was trying to capture a tracking session in DP, (I was doing a voiceover, playing guitar and triggering VIs that were being recorded to audio tracks), and Screenflow captured some of the audio, and some of the VI tracks, but not all of them. Obviously a routing issue, but I'm not sure what the latest set up requirements for Screenflow, DP and an 896HD are, and I can't seem to find the answer.

Also, any idea what capture app MOTU is using for their training videos?

We can take this to a PM or a new thread but I thought others might want to read this.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mac Studio M1 Ultra, 128GBs Unified memory, 4TB SSD.
Interfaces: MOTU M2 and 8A (2.1 and 5.1 setups).
DAWs: Digital Performer 11, Logic Pro, Cubase 12 Pro, Studio One Pro.
Sample Libraries: Primary - VSL (all), Spitfire, (mostly all), and many others.
External Controllers: Metagrid Pro and Studio Logic SL|MIXFACE
Steve Steele

Post by Steve Steele »

Actually I just installed the latest release of SoundFlower and it seems to be ok. I'm going to Google how to configure SoundFlower and everything else because I've forgotten how. I did set up an aggregate device and included Soundflower 2Ch and the 896, but I've forgotten what to do past there. I can't remember if I need to change the hardware setup in DP, etc..

If someone has a moment to chime in with the final configuring instructions, it would be appreciated.

I searched for a thread here but did not find one. I'll look again or start one and leave instructions in case they are needed.

Thanks

Mac Studio M1 Ultra, 128GBs Unified memory, 4TB SSD.
Interfaces: MOTU M2 and 8A (2.1 and 5.1 setups).
DAWs: Digital Performer 11, Logic Pro, Cubase 12 Pro, Studio One Pro.
Sample Libraries: Primary - VSL (all), Spitfire, (mostly all), and many others.
External Controllers: Metagrid Pro and Studio Logic SL|MIXFACE