Routing using DP/ & UltraLitemk3

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
Tanner
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Routing using DP/ & UltraLitemk3

Post by Tanner »

Hello there

I'm in a quandary here..

I've been asked to perform a very short notice gig. The only possible way to replicate the soundtrack which I wrote for a computer game would be to have some people play some parts and have the rest running in the background.
As I need to travel for the gig (across the ocean) I decided to get the UltraLitemk3. It's small and powerful.
I also upgraded to DP7.

What I've not managed to do (which I assumed would be quite easy - but I'm either stupid or it's more complicated than I thought) is have the back tracks both come out of my Main Outs & Phone Jack (that works) but then only have a click track come out of the phone Jack on NOT the main outs...

I was looking for a way to reroute the main outs to the headphone out (that works) but if I activate the click track in DP, it comes out over the PA... If I send the backing tracks to Main Outs and set the click track to Headphones, then I only get click track and no backing tracks in the headphones.
maybe I'm missing something simple here...

I know I could probably duplicate all the tracks in the tracks window and set their respective copies out to headphone out... but I assumed it would a simple fix to copy the routing to another output which would include a click...

Am a making sense? please tell me I've missed something simple...

Cheers

Tanner