It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:17 pm

Text Size

What and How to Post Here

Moderators: James Steele, Shooshie

Forum rules
This forum is being developed and is intended as intended as a place to bring together various Digital Performer video tutorials. Currently only YouTube videos may be embedded using the [YouTube] BB code.

What and How to Post Here

Postby James Steele » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:50 am

Okay everyone... a NEW forum that I think may be quite useful. This is for posting Digital Performer tutorial videos. I've started the forum off with a tutorial video I made in 2007 on using the Slip Tool for Vocal Alignment and posted on YouTube. You do not have to have created the tutorial yourself. It may be anything you discovered and found useful. Right now only embedding YouTube video is supported by the use of a new BB Code that you will see above the edit window when creating your post. The tag is [YouTube]

To embed the video with the [YouTube] BB Code, you don't use the entire URL of the YouTube video, just the specific video ID. When you go to the page with the YouTube video that you want to embed, look up at the URL. The video ID is are the characters shown in the graphic below:

You also need to supply the width and height of the YouTube video in pixels. I've tried making it easier so that you don't have to do this, but embedded video won't look right without providing these dimensions.

To find out the YouTube video pixel dimensions, click the "Embed" button on the video's page at YouTube and look at the code. It's pretty obvious. I've highlighted it in the example below:

Now that you have this info, in order to embed YouTube video in a post, the syntax will look like this (each argument separated by commas):

Code: Select all
[YouTube]<videoID>,<width>,<height>[/YouTube]

Using the video ID used in our example it would look like this:

Code: Select all
[YouTube]tboTpOjH8k4,480,385[/YouTube]

Hope that is clear enough. :D It's the only way I could come up with to have YouTube video show up at correct aspect ratio, etc.

Please note, I reserve the right to delete duplicate posts (that is if you've posted the same video someone else has) and also to delete video that is the content is inappropriate or I don't feel it's truly related to DP as well as make minor edits and adjustments for uniformity of style as this forum evolves. Thanks!
JamesSteele.com | Dean Guitars | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

MacPro4,1 Quad-Core 2.66, 24GB RAM, OS 10.9.4, ATI 5770, DP 8.06, MOTU HD192, 24I/O, UAD-2 Duo, Lucid GENx192, HV-3C, Red Type B, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Primary DAW OS: MacOS

RE: Click To Flash

Postby James Steele » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:55 am

For those using the ClickToFlash utility, you may wish to right-click the little utility icon in the upper left of the screen ClickToFlash shows you in lieu of Flash Video and choose "Add www.motunation.com to Whitelist" from the menu. From that point on Flash Video on this site will automatically appear.
JamesSteele.com | Dean Guitars | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

MacPro4,1 Quad-Core 2.66, 24GB RAM, OS 10.9.4, ATI 5770, DP 8.06, MOTU HD192, 24I/O, UAD-2 Duo, Lucid GENx192, HV-3C, Red Type B, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: What and How to Post Here

Postby Sean Kenny » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:56 am

Thanks for that instruction James

Just successfully posted a vid of me tuning a vocal in DP using DP's pitch automation. I absolutely love this feature and just don't get why more DP users don't shout about, it's the boll***s! It really is

Regards

Sean Kenny - Intonational Rescue
Mac Pro 3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram 1867 MHz DDR3 ECC - OS X 10.9.4 - DP 8.06 - RME HDSPe Madi card - iz ADA converters 24 i/o - Audient desk - M&K Monitors - very understanding wife!
http://www.ten21recordingstudios.co.uk/
Sean Kenny

Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Return to Digital Performer: Tutorial Videos