Using Addictive Drums with DP 9.5

Moderators: James Steele, Shooshie

Forum rules
This forum is being developed and is intended as intended as a place to bring together various Digital Performer video tutorials. Currently only YouTube videos may be embedded using the [YouTube] BB code.
Rayzorxbass
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Using Addictive Drums with DP 9.5

Post by Rayzorxbass »

Hello,

I’m a long time PT user that just made the switch to DP. I’m trying to create MIDI drum tracks in DP for my band using the XLN Additive Drums 2.

So far I understand the creation and signal routing of a MIDI track/Instrument track, and I can get audio for let’s say, a snare drum. My challenge is that when I want to create a second track pair for a Kick drum, I can’t seem to get the instrument to change, even though I can click on the Kick in the Addictive drums kit screen and hear it as well as see it activating in the MIDI track.

I should also mention that I’m using an AKAI LPD8 Wireless MIDI controller. I’ve programed the pads according the the AD2 MIDI map but this doesn’t seem to reflect what I'm hearing in the Instrument track.

I don’t know if anyone on this forum has experience with either AD2 or the LPD8 but I thought I’d throw this out and see. I’m also going to look for answers on the XLN forum. Any insight to how to make this work is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
RayK