It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:09 pm

Text Size

NEW DP9.1 and Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 YouTube Video

Moderators: James Steele, Shooshie

Forum rules
This forum is being developed and is intended as intended as a place to bring together various Digital Performer video tutorials. Currently only YouTube videos may be embedded using the [YouTube] BB code.

NEW DP9.1 and Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 YouTube Video

Postby Steve Steele » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:09 pm

It's nice that DP9.1 and VEP6 came out at the same time. Both are really good and stable. I ran them hard together for 24 hours straight and not a single crash. So I made a video about starting from scratch with an empty DP document. I set everything up, wrote about 20 bars of orchestral music, did some editing and finished. I explain everything as I go.

I tried a new method to condense an hour down to 20 minutes. Let me know if you still find the video helpful or if it's too fast. All I was trying to show was the process. That's really what the video is about. So the pace seemed ok. And you get to see enough of VEP6 to get an idea of what it feels like. I'll probably continue to use this style in future videos where it fits. The fast pace starts around 2:15.

Enjoy!

STUDIO A - DP 9.x, OSX 10.9.5, (2) MacPro 5,1 12-core 3.46GHz with 96GBs RAM, Amfeltec cards with (4) 256GB SM951 m.2s in RAID 0. MOTU 896HD w/Black Lion mod. STUDIO B - iPad Pro, MicroBook IIc, Notion, Cubasis, Audiobus, Arturia, Borderlands, Cyclop, Mersenne, nave, Audulus 3, Touch OSC, Shoom, Animoog, Alchemy, etc. LASS, VSL, Berlin and Spitfire. Vintech and Avedis pres, Bogner and Eden amps, Fender and Gibson guitars and basses, Soundeluxe mics, more...
Steve Steele

Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: NEW DP9.1 and Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 YouTube Video

Postby supersonic » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:43 am

very useful. One can always slowdown :). Do you think that with the latest version of DP, running VEP 6 on the same machine is still advantageous?
MP 6,1| I/O - UAD Apollo and Twin | Monitors - Aps Aeon, Aeon 2, Coax, Klasik, SUB15, SUB 10, minidsp/Dirac | Pres - UA 4-710d, Imbir, Sebatron, ASP800.
Mics - a collection of vintage and new mics.
Instruments - Nord Piano, Korg CX-3, Rhodes Suitcase, Wurlitzer.
DAWs - DP 9.5, PT 11, MixBus 4.2.
VIs - Native, AAS, EastWest, Spectrasonics, Auria, Spitfire, LASS and others
Plug-ins - all UAD and Slate Digital, Izotope, PSP, Waves, Audioease and others.
My lifes's hobby - http://www.aps-company.pl
supersonic

Re: NEW DP9.1 and Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 YouTube Video

Postby dix » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:04 pm

This video works great. Very useful in getting an overview of your method of setting up and composing. Plus lots of great info apart from the VEP6 setup. As mentioned, you can slow down the YouTube video if need be (though it makes you sound drunk!).

I'm also curious if people are finding that DP 9.5's resource management scheme is making VEP non-hosted/single machine usage obsolete. I recently completed a few projects that were around the size of the project in this video, maybe a little larger, all within DP 9.5 with no problems whatsoever. Zero crashes for days and days. Record enabling and auditioning notes is slightly glitchy, but that's the only downside.
2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.11.6, 24GB RAM, ATI Radeon 5770 (3-monitors), Evo 840/850 SSDs, NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, DP (latest version), 2408mk3, Apogee Ensemble, UAD-2 Quad, VEP6 ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.12.5, 16GB RAM ::: prayforrain.com
dix

Return to Digital Performer: Tutorial Videos