Zero Tolerance for Software Piracy

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Zero Tolerance for Software Piracy

Post by James Steele »

Today I deleted and IP blocked someone for asking for a PDF manual verson of Digital Performer to be sent to them, and then asking if someone could make one available for sharing via a P2P software app like Limewire, etc.

I'm posting this Announcement here so that it's crystal clear that I will look closely at any posts to this board that might lead a reasonable person to believe that the person asking the question does not own a manual because they are using a pirated copy of Digital Performer (or other software they are seeking assistance with). If I feel that there is a high likelihood that you are using a pirated copy of Digital Performer, I will delete you from this board and block your IP address. In some cases I may request more information privately to attempt to verify that you purchased DP legally, however I will not be obligated to do so.

MOTUNATION exists as a place for LEGAL, REGISTERED users of Digitial Performer, etc. to help each other with questions. Also, if you have not yet purchased Digital Performer, but are asking general questions because you want to learn more, you are more than welcome here. Many of the more experienced DP users here are more than happy to help you with these questions so that you will be convinced to BUY Digital Performer for yourself.

So... pirates... consider yourself warned. Also, all users of this board are on notice of this policy and your continued use of this board constitutes acceptance of same.

Thanks.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!