how to use keyboard to multi select several soundbites

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rockman413
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

how to use keyboard to multi select several soundbites

Post by rockman413 »

when I drag maybe 15 audio files of same length into tracks view, I can use mouse to quickly "I" them all to select them, but this is different from click each one of themm as when I select them I also select some areas outside. I used to in PT and I can just select one track and shift + arrow keys to select the rest tracks, easy and fast. now I have to shift and click on each track to select them all. How can I quickly select them all without selecting any outside areas?
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD
arumdevil

Re: how to use keyboard to multi select several soundbites

Post by arumdevil »

Selection is quite complex in DP. I know this isn’t what you want to hear (I’m away from my mac) but you should check the manual section on selections. You will learn a lot more useful tips that way. It’s worth it!
regards,
arum

MacBook Air core i7 1.7ghz, 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD , UltraLite MKI FW, StudioLogic 990pro, DP9
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

arumdevil wrote:Selection is quite complex in DP. I know this isn’t what you want to hear (I’m away from my mac) but you should check the manual section on selections. You will learn a lot more useful tips that way. It’s worth it!
Couldn't agree more about the manual and the COMMANDS window is also a fantastic "read." I can't say I agree about selection being "quite complex in DP" but that really depends on one's workflow and mindset. It's never been an issue for me.

If you are in a track and a time frame is selected, you can shift-command and arrow up or down to select as many adjacent tracks as you wish. I'm not sure that helps the o/p but it sure makes my life easier at times.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
rockman413

Post by rockman413 »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
arumdevil wrote:Selection is quite complex in DP. I know this isn’t what you want to hear (I’m away from my mac) but you should check the manual section on selections. You will learn a lot more useful tips that way. It’s worth it!
Couldn't agree more about the manual and the COMMANDS window is also a fantastic "read." I can't say I agree about selection being "quite complex in DP" but that really depends on one's workflow and mindset. It's never been an issue for me.

If you are in a track and a time frame is selected, you can shift-command and arrow up or down to select as many adjacent tracks as you wish. I'm not sure that helps the o/p but it sure makes my life easier at times.
This is what I mean. Thank you. Looking more and Key commands now.
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

You're welcome. There's a lot hidden under the hood of DP. :unicorn:
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS