lost my audio effects after trying free trial DP9

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Gate 13
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

lost my audio effects after trying free trial DP9

Post by Gate 13 »

Hello
i just installed DP9 to check if it would utilize my 28GB memory better and it didn't so I dropped the digital performer 9 application icon to the trash folder.
I tried to open my current version DP7 and everything was OK except that my effects were missing!
i had a limiter effect, and a reverb audio plug in from motu and the effects are missing.
Also, in the mixing board if I try to find them and reload them they don't wxist and below the inserts in the mixing board where you can add more effects (I am not sure what the anme is) when i click the arrow it gives me small white window with no menu at all...
did I f.... it up?
how can I restore the system how it was before I installed DP9? Is there such a thing as system resotre in Macs?
Thanks
Mac Pro 2X 2.66 GHz Dual Core Intel Xeon, Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.8, 13GB RAM/ DP 7.24/ Plogue Bidule/SWQL Symphonic Orchestra (Gold),Hollywood Brass(Gold), SWQL RA, SD2, Symphonic Choirs/KONTAKT 4, Cinesamples Hollywoodwinds
Gate 13

Re: lost my audio effects after trying free trial DP9

Post by Gate 13 »

Should I contact MOTU?
Or should I reinstall DP7? I assume when I installed the free trial of DP9 it updated the audio plugins (effects, etc) and that's why they are not available now when I open a DP7 project? Is it possible?

I hope if I decide to reinstall DP7 that there is no limitation on the number of times you can install the software.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Mac Pro 2X 2.66 GHz Dual Core Intel Xeon, Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.8, 13GB RAM/ DP 7.24/ Plogue Bidule/SWQL Symphonic Orchestra (Gold),Hollywood Brass(Gold), SWQL RA, SD2, Symphonic Choirs/KONTAKT 4, Cinesamples Hollywoodwinds
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

I would start by reinstalling DP7. AFAIK, the limit is on the number of computers, not installations. Good luck!
828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
Gate 13

Post by Gate 13 »

Thank you 2/2 ( cuttime)!
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

In preferences > Audio Plugins you can rescan your plugins but I'm not sure if that feature goes back to v7.
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

How soon we forget.

DP 9 in 64 bit mode will not recognize 32 bit only plugs without a helper app. 32Lives is the one that works but it doesn't work with everything.

DP 7 will not recognize 64 bit only plugins.

If a plug or VI is 32/64 bit, it will be seen by both.

The relevant threads on this are about 5 years old and date to when DP 8 was introduced.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro