Yet another Vienna Ensemble question

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Henry Robinett
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Yet another Vienna Ensemble question

Post by Henry Robinett »

I bought this last year. I also just bought the Upright Bass instrument. I've never used it. I'm at VEP-6. I just tried to use it for the first time. No sound. Stupid, I know. My plan was, and is, to use it with my second Mac Pro. But I just want to get my hands and head around it first. I'm using it with Metric Halo ULN-8. DP 9.51. OS 10.10.5. 32 gb ram. Mac Pro 6 core, 3.46 GHZ.

Any particular clues to getting output? It says connected 64 bit. I just have one instrument loaded. It's receiving signal. The meters are working in the Vienna Ensemble Service window. I'm just not certain where the issue is. The audio interface? VSL? Do I need to reboot everything to get output? Is this not normal for initial setups?

So I'm going to reboot. If things work, yay! If not maybe someone could give me an assist?
All the best,

Henry Robinett

2019 Mac Pro 16 core, 192 GB; 2 MacPro 5,1 Metric Halo ULN-8 3d (x6), ULN-2-3d, MIDI Express XT,
DP10.13, UAD2 Quad TB,Duo,solo, Fractal Ax Fx III, FM3, LF+12+, Altiverb 7, Pianoteq7, Falcon, Keyscape, Omnisphere, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer 3, Slate Drums, Live 10, Battery4, Diva, Spitfire Chamber and Symphony Strings, Ivory 2, Spectrafoo, Millennia HV3-D, many mics, many guitars . . ..