Turning Input Quantize on and off

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
JSmith1234567
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Turning Input Quantize on and off

Post by JSmith1234567 »

Am I missing something...is there no key-command to turn input quantize on and off?
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.03, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Turning Input Quantize on and off

Post by stubbsonic »

Looks like you are correct. You can assign a command to open the window, but you have to click on the checkbox to enable it. A third party macro program might be able to fill in that last step. I.e., you'd use the COMMAND to bring the window to the front, then have the macro execute a click in that window at a certain point relative to the upper left corner, then the macro would dismiss the window. This could be used to toggle it on/off.

The option to insert a MIDI plugin to quantize is a reasonably fast alternative, but it doesn't help with making editing and/or notation functions work as you might want.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
KenNickels
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by KenNickels »

Very annoying that this is not in Preferences. So many things that could reduce the tedium of DP should be there, yet they're not.
My Box(s): Two Mac Pros 5,1/3Ghz, 12 core, 96GB Ram, OS 10.14.6, One Windows 10 computer, Vienna Ensemble Pro, MOTU Audio Express, DP 10.01, Falcon 3, Eastwest, NOVO Strings, 8Dio Brass, Spitfire,, Symphobia
JSmith1234567
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by JSmith1234567 »

Thanks!

Good idea about using a macro...I'll do it with Keyboard Maestro.

Thanks again.
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.03, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro