Audible Mode Stopped Working

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Rick Cornish
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Audible Mode Stopped Working

Post by Rick Cornish »

Has anyone else had Audible Mode stop working?

It happened to me the other day. After rebooting, restarting, cycling the button in the main toolbar, and poking around in various windows, it mysteriously started working again.

Wish I knew why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
HCMarkus

Re: Audible Mode Stopped Working

Post by HCMarkus »

I only worry about stuff like that when a repeatable issue arises. Let's face it... one flipped bit, caused by any one of a myriad of things, can result in a complete computer clusterf***.
Rick Cornish

Post by Rick Cornish »

HCMarkus wrote:I only worry about stuff like that when a repeatable issue arises. Let's face it... one flipped bit, caused by any one of a myriad of things, can result in a complete computer clusterf***.
…yep—or in this case, an annoying inconvenience.

Watching to see if it repeats.
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I have seen it, and I think it was a problem of the "one flipped bit" type. IIRC, it was something to do with a glitch in the driver for the converter, associated with sleep more, which likely affected routing. But there must be many possible problems of this sort that happen sporadically.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8