Several Questions (Just updated 9.5)

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mike_o
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Several Questions (Just updated 9.5)

Post by mike_o »

I just updated to 9.5 and have a few issues...

1.MX4 will not show up in DP in any way, MX4 is in both the MAS folder and the AU(component) folder but it will not show up for use in DP no matter what, I re installed a second time just in case but to no avail.

Its listed in the plugin manager but it is not shown for selection in the plugin selector.

has anyone had this issue? If so does anyone know a fix for this issue?

2. in trying to figure this out I noticed several plugins in the MAS folder that I never noticed or used before, I'm thinking they might be surround sound plugins because I only ever work in stereo but I wanted to ask if anyone knows what they are.

Arc Panner
Auralizer
Bass Manager

are these surround sound only plugs or something?

Also there are yellow labeled MAS plugins and there are turquoise labeled MAS plugins, does anyone know what the color codes mean?
Mac Pro 2X Dual Core 2.66Ghz-10.4.9-7 GigRam-828MKII-MTPAV-Ultralight MK3-Digi Performer6.01-PeakPro5.1-Reason4-AbeltonLive6-Virus Rack(Red)-ReMOTE 25 & 37 SL-Nocturn-Stanton Dacratch-PluggoPack-DimensionLE W/EmuProteusPack-Sylenth1-Discovery MAC-MX4-Rapture-Alpha-Octopuss-Automat-Automat1-TALbassline-TALUno60
HCMarkus

Re: Several Questions (Just updated 9.5)

Post by HCMarkus »

mike_o wrote:I just updated to 9.5 and have a few issues...

1.MX4 will not show up in DP in any way, MX4 is in both the MAS folder and the AU(component) folder but it will not show up for use in DP no matter what, I re installed a second time just in case but to no avail.

Its listed in the plugin manager but it is not shown for selection in the plugin selector.

has anyone had this issue? If so does anyone know a fix for this issue?

2. in trying to figure this out I noticed several plugins in the MAS folder that I never noticed or used before, I'm thinking they might be surround sound plugins because I only ever work in stereo but I wanted to ask if anyone knows what they are.

Arc Panner
Auralizer
Bass Manager

are these surround sound only plugs or something?
Answer 2: Arc Panner and Auralizer are Surround Panners; Bass Manager is Multi-Channel Bass Management.

As for Question1 1: MX4 is a VI that is included with DP. When you say "install", are you meaning install DP or MX4 (which used to be a stand alone MOTU product)? You don't need to install MX4 separately. Add it to an Instrument Track in DP, not an Audio Track.
mike_o

Re: Several Questions (Just updated 9.5)

Post by mike_o »

Just putting this here in case anyone else comes across this issue.

If you have an old 32 bit ilok mx4 installed and you just install over it you may encounter a problem getting mx4 to appear/load properly in dp9.5.

I went through and deleted every single thing related to ilok and mx4, the plugin, ilok extensions, every copy of the plugin from both the au and mas folders and then re installed dp 9.5 and now mx4 is working just fine.

delete mx4 before you install dp 9.5 just in case.
Mac Pro 2X Dual Core 2.66Ghz-10.4.9-7 GigRam-828MKII-MTPAV-Ultralight MK3-Digi Performer6.01-PeakPro5.1-Reason4-AbeltonLive6-Virus Rack(Red)-ReMOTE 25 & 37 SL-Nocturn-Stanton Dacratch-PluggoPack-DimensionLE W/EmuProteusPack-Sylenth1-Discovery MAC-MX4-Rapture-Alpha-Octopuss-Automat-Automat1-TALbassline-TALUno60