DP 9, shift-click to extend selection --broken?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 9, shift-click to extend selection --broken?

Post by stubbsonic »

I often like click a selection location then scroll horizontally and shift-click to select from the first point to the current point. Or, alternatively, I can select a small range somewhere, then scroll horizontally and shift click to change the range (on either side) to the new left-most or new right-most point.

DP 9 in 10.11.6 doesn't work this way anymore-- in the graphic editor. Shift-clicking does work in a list as it should, but it doesn't work in the graphic editor for selecting a time range (in an audio track).

Is that a bug? Or is there a different way that this is accomplished?
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
HCMarkus

Re: DP 9, shift-click to extend selection --broken?

Post by HCMarkus »

If you double click on the soundbite, then use the Shift-Click inside the soundbite, it works as you describe. Shift-Click doesn't work when the soundbite is simply selected. Shift-Click does work to select multiple soundbites.
stubbsonic

Re: DP 9, shift-click to extend selection --broken?

Post by stubbsonic »

Thanks. I wonder why they made that change?

I would always use that to select a part of a region, then COMMAND-Y to separate it.

Now I must remember to double-click first. Add it to the list.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com