Timestamped Soundbites are not snapping to their original lo

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
buzzsmith
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Timestamped Soundbites are not snapping to their original lo

Post by buzzsmith »

Hi, all! (I posted this in the Trouble Shooting forum but thought that I'd try here, too.)

A client asked me to send him the individual tracks from a song recorded back in 2007.

I had it backed up on a DVD, but was getting errors in trying to copy it to an internal hard drive. The original DP file appears to be corrupted (Error 102) so I can't open it.

So, I used Data Rescue and all of the files (minus about 300 Kb, so 99.9%) were recovered.

Still can't open the original project file and could not load it either. Same error 102.

So, I loaded all of the audio :dance: into the soundbites window within a new DP file.

However...

When I try to place them using either "Move to Original Timestamp" or "...User Timestamp" I get a message that says, "Some of the timestamps are before the sequence start time."

I have the sequence start time set to 0:00:00.00 and in the Soundbites window, or on the actual waveforms that I set to see the timestamps in the SE, all show "normal" start times (including user start times) like 0:00:00.00 or 0:00:35:10.

That shows me that I'm not "Before the sequence start time."

Any ideas on how to zip these guys to where they belong?

Thanks!

Buzzy

(DP 9.5)

P.S. I did try a suggestion to set the new sequence start time to 1:00:00.00 (an hour later) and then manually change the user start time on the soundbites by adding an hour. This does seem to work, but there are 153 soundbites and the procedure is very time consuming!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)