soundbite rename

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
arion
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

soundbite rename

Post by arion »

Is there a way to mass rename all the soundbites originated from one audio file remaining their index numbers ?
mac mini 2014/16 G/DP 9.51/Apollo Twin Duo/
bleach30
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: soundbite rename

Post by bleach30 »

I don't think there is a way to do this from within DP. That would be a great feature though.

But what you can do is batch rename after the fact pretty easy if you are on a Mac (not sure if the same on PC)

You can export your edited files and then select them.
Then right click and choose "Rename items.."
This box pops up with a drop down menu of ways to rename your files. Selecting "Format" will allow you to name the files whatever you want, removing the # and number.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Bleach30 is correct. No way within DP. Easy in the OS. I'm not sure but if you do it in the OS I the project Audio folder DP should still reference them. The original imported soundbite name might not change, only the referenced file name.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
arion
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by arion »

Thanks!
mac mini 2014/16 G/DP 9.51/Apollo Twin Duo/
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

A reminder why it is always good to name the track before recording! Templates make it easy.