DP with Avid Card and Interface

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
youngmic
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

DP with Avid Card and Interface

Post by youngmic »

Hello,

I am running Digital Performer 9.5.1 on a Mid 2010 3.46Ghz 12 Core Mac Pro running High Sierra (10.13.2). I also have a Pro Tools HD PCIe card and 192 HD interface. Can I use these with DP? I have the 9.0r3 and 12.8.3 versions of the Avid HD driver. I’ve tried installing them both together (9.0r3 first) and each individually but cannot get the MacOS or DP to fully recognize the hardware. The Mac sees the card, the card sees the interface, and the card shows up both in the Sound setting in MacOS and Hardware Config in DP. It does not show in the list of outputs in the sound drop down menu.

When I select in MacOS, nothing happens. When I select in DP, I get a “audio hardware not responding” error.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Mike
philbrown
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP with Avid Card and Interface

Post by philbrown »

You may need to go to the Bundles window to set it up. I think it's shift-U if memory serves (and it often doesn't).
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
youngmic
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: DP with Avid Card and Interface

Post by youngmic »

Hi forum admins, just realized this should be in another forum. I'll post there and you can delete here.