Dragging Multi-Channel WAVE Files Into Digital Performer

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
dt1000u
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by dt1000u »

Is there any way to do this in Performer? Logic and Protools can- the source files are proprietary Mackie files that get saved to one multi channel file and is split into individual WAV files.
Mac Pro 3.75GHz Quad-Core, 32GB RAM, OSX 10.13.2, DP9.51, MOTU 8M
buzzsmith

Post by buzzsmith »

I don’t completely understand your exact issue, but I recently had a problem dragging or importing Wave files into DP.

The extension was .WAV. On a hunch, I renamed the extensions to .wav (lower case) and all was fine!

Buzzy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

dt1000u

Re: Dragging Multi-Channel WAVE Files Into Digital Performer

Post by dt1000u »

Someone recorded a live show using a Mackie recorder and the files the Mackie "bounces" are 24 track multi channel- one wav file contains 24 tracks. Apparently, ProTools splits this file up just fine, and Logic uses something called Shuffle Mode to separate the files.
Mac Pro 3.75GHz Quad-Core, 32GB RAM, OSX 10.13.2, DP9.51, MOTU 8M
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

dt1000u wrote:Someone recorded a live show using a Mackie recorder and the files the Mackie "bounces" are 24 track multi channel- one wav file contains 24 tracks. Apparently, ProTools splits this file up just fine, and Logic uses something called Shuffle Mode to separate the files.
I would import the file into Logic and export the tracks from there.

You can also ask MOTU support via a TechLink if DP can do this but won’t receive an answer till Monday at the earliest.

Logic costs $199.99 and I have found it well worth the $$$ over the years. Besides being able to open and export Logic and GarageBand files, it supports AutoTune automation for the rare times I ever use it. I never work in Logic, however.

You can buy it directly from the App Store but the better deal is through the Edu Store. The cost is the same but the Pro Apps Bundle also includes Final Cut Pro, MainStage, Motion and Compressor. After you make the purchase, an email is sent with five codes that you enter in the App Store to begin your downloads.

https://www.apple.com/us_edu_126406/sho ... -education

What is your time worth?
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

dt1000u wrote:...the source files are proprietary Mackie files that get saved to one multi channel file and is split into individual WAV files.
This seems contradictory. Is it just one file you're seeing or many? If you're seeing one then what does "split into individual WAV files" mean? What is the file suffix you're seeing? Also how are you transferring these files?
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12ZbDmOe2hc

This video may help.

Here's the referenced software:

https://www.sounddevices.com/products/a ... wave-agent

Freeware that has batch processing capabilities. May be an answer to the prayers of those looking to handle mass file transformation form mono to stereo or vice-versa. Mac or PC.
buzzsmith

Post by buzzsmith »

Following.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)