Korg nanoKONTROL Studio as DAW Controller for DP9

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
faonfaon
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Korg nanoKONTROL Studio as DAW Controller for DP9

Post by faonfaon »

Some months ago I bought a NanoKontrol Studio to use it with DP9 and I spent hours and hours to try to set it up. The shop was unable to help me.
I put it back in its box and never used it.
The only one answer I got from a website (supposed to help people) was : "very easy to use it. Me, I can"......... really helpful !
May be I am not good with the new machines (that's what I think..... a little), but I have tons of products and softwares and never had this problem.
I now use the Leap Motion Controller which is (for me, important to say that) amazing. It is more precise than a modulation wheel and it gives me the feeling to conduct an orchestra when I record the CC11 or what else.
François
Mac mini 32 GB Ram - OS X Monterey 12.4 - Digital Performer 11.2 - Apollo Twin - VSL - Ivory II - Drumcore 4 - Appassionata Strings - Synful - Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 - Vienna Mir Pro - Special Edition - Konzerthaus Orgel - Pianoteq 7 - Chamber Strings - Solo Strings - Symphonic Choirs - Pettinhouse Guitars - Notion 6 - BBC Symphony Orchestra Pro from Spitfire Audio
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

williemyers wrote: (p.s. - luv your avatar, FM!)
Thank you, Willie! :)

Yes, he's the love of my life. We picked him up from the street more than a year ago, and he has changed our lives in ways we didn't think possible :love:

He's like my son. It really is amazing how much one can love an animal of a different species.
... Maybe that's exactly why it's possible in the first place :lol:

(sorry about my misanthropic joke. I couldn't resist)
faonfaon wrote:Some months ago I bought a NanoKontrol Studio to use it with DP9 and I spent hours and hours to try to set it up. The shop was unable to help me.
I put it back in its box and never used it.
The only one answer I got from a website (supposed to help people) was : "very easy to use it. Me, I can"......... really helpful !
In a case like that, I'd hire a knowledgeable pro to do it for me.
Or at least I'd offer to buy lunch in a very nice place in return for him figuring it out and making it work in my setup.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
rumo

Post by rumo »

faonfaon wrote:I now use the Leap Motion Controller which is (for me, important to say that) amazing. It is more precise than a modulation wheel and it gives me the feeling to conduct an orchestra when I record the CC11 or what else.
This sounds really interesting. How in detail do you use that Leap Motion Controller to record CC11?