Is now offline Bounce the same as real time?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rockman413
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Is now offline Bounce the same as real time?

Post by rockman413 »

Hi ,
I know this is an old topic...But with the latest Version of DP9.5, with the latest tech, is now Off line bounce the exactly the same as real time playback recording?

Share your thoughts!
I can't understand why all the DAW software developers can never really declare absolutely no difference for this offline bounce V.S. real time thing ... Maybe there's a reason?
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Is now offline Bounce the same as real time?

Post by James Steele »

Can of worms... officially opened... again...

I'll give you a summary of the debate to perhaps save time. Some users will say it works just fine... others will say that sometimes VI parts drop out and they must do a realtime bounce. There is no right answer for everyone.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
rockman413

Post by rockman413 »

James Steele wrote:Can of worms... officially opened... again...

I'll give you a summary of the debate to perhaps save time. Some users will say it works just fine... others will say that sometimes VI parts drop out and they must do a realtime bounce. There is no right answer for everyone.
If there's a voice about realtime is better than offline , then I do believe the condition exists.

What I could not understand is, why this has been talking for so many years, and yet daw software makers can not declare they get this done? what's behind this?
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

James Steele wrote:Can of worms... officially opened... again...

But offline bounce with 'only' audio is no problem, really ?
Thanks
Klaus