Hotkey to bank faders in mix window?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
dwilliams
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Hotkey to bank faders in mix window?

Post by dwilliams »

This is such a basic question but I can't find the answer. Obviously you can use the slider at the bottom of the mix window, and you can use the track selector on the side of the mix window to select and deselect which tracks are visible, and you can save and load board layouts (which I have never actually done), and if you have a hardware controller, you can use the fader bank buttons. But, I want to have more tracks visible than the mixer can show, not use narrow view and just page over with a hotkey (like push right arrow and you can see the next x tracks where x is the number of visible tracks in the window at one time). Maybe I'm making this sound complicated, it is so simple... push a button see the next or previous window's worth of tracks in the mixer window. Is there a way to do this? Thanks.
Krakadon
aka Dave Williams
Rock, metal, Camas, WA

* 15" Mid-2019 MBP 2.4 GHz 8-core i9, 32GB RAM, Ventura 13.6.5. TB: UA Apollo QuadFW w/TB card, Satellite OctoTB2 & OctoTB3, PreSonus Quantum 4848 TB2; USB 2.0: Ext USB3 drives, Fractal Audio Axe-Fx III , Revv Generator 120 MK3; USB 3.0: Stream Deck XL, M Audio Oxygen 49, Akai MPD218, Console One Mk3, SSL UC1, X-Touch U; HDMI: 34" 16:9 & 32" 2K Monitors
* DP 11.31
FMiguelez

Re: Hotkey to bank faders in mix window?

Post by FMiguelez »

With the computer keyboard it's Control-left/right arrow.

Or Command-left/right arrow. One of those will get you what you want (with the mixer being the active window, of course).

If you need to do that with a hardware controller, you'd just have to find a way to pair that command to whatever button you like on your controller. Should be easy. Maybe even via MIDI.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
dwilliams

Re: Hotkey to bank faders in mix window?

Post by dwilliams »

Yeah! It is Control. I can't believe how hard it was for me to get this (maybe I'm just slow). Thanks!
Krakadon
aka Dave Williams
Rock, metal, Camas, WA

* 15" Mid-2019 MBP 2.4 GHz 8-core i9, 32GB RAM, Ventura 13.6.5. TB: UA Apollo QuadFW w/TB card, Satellite OctoTB2 & OctoTB3, PreSonus Quantum 4848 TB2; USB 2.0: Ext USB3 drives, Fractal Audio Axe-Fx III , Revv Generator 120 MK3; USB 3.0: Stream Deck XL, M Audio Oxygen 49, Akai MPD218, Console One Mk3, SSL UC1, X-Touch U; HDMI: 34" 16:9 & 32" 2K Monitors
* DP 11.31