Commands window icons?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
larrytheo
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Commands window icons?

Post by larrytheo »

Most of the keystroke icons in the Commands window are obvious, but there are a few I don't recognize, and I'm unable to find any illustration that identifies the icons.

In particular, there is one that looks like a knob: a circle with a dot in it. what the heck key does that indicate? The period key on the numpad or something?

Thanks!
Larry the O
Late 2013 MacPro 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32 GB RAM, OS 12.6.6, DP 11.2, UAD-2 Satellite, MachFive3 3.2.1
1248, 16A, 8M audio interfaces, MTP-AV MIDI interfaces
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Commands window icons?

Post by bayswater »

larrytheo wrote:Most of the keystroke icons in the Commands window are obvious, but there are a few I don't recognize, and I'm unable to find any illustration that identifies the icons.

In particular, there is one that looks like a knob: a circle with a dot in it. what the heck key does that indicate? The period key on the numpad or something?

Thanks!
Yes, the characters in circles refer to the numpad to distinguish them from the same characters in other places on the keyboard.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

This is pretty useful. There's a link to a PDF you can print, too.

http://www.osxkeyboardshortcuts.com/key ... mbols.html
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

This reminded me of 'the dot trick'. Just in case someone reading this doesn't know about it, if you have the counter set to measures (not real time) you can press the numeric keypad period/dot key then measure numbers and Enter or Return. E.g. Dot - 44 - Enter takes you right to measure 44. You can enter numbers in the other time fields too by hitting dot again. It works in real time mode too, but with real time parameters instead of measures/beats.
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce