Metagrid and DP / Note-On & Note-Off

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
JSmith1234567
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Metagrid and DP / Note-On & Note-Off

Post by JSmith1234567 »

Is anyone using Metagrid with DP?

I'm trying to set up a sort-of "drum-pad".

I figured out how to have Metagrid send a MIDI note to DP, but it sets only a note-on, and not a note-off too.

Does anyone know how to have it send a note-on & note-off when I hit a button so that the DP note won't get stuck?

Thanks!
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.03, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro
wvandyck
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Metagrid and DP / Note-On & Note-Off

Post by wvandyck »

I don't have Metagrid but it does look like a very useful app!

Do you have Snoize MIDI Monitor on your system? This app will let you monitor sources of MIDI data. Does the MIDI Monitor show note on and note off data from Metagrid?

The other thing to check is the Setup menu>Input Filtering to be sure note off data is not being filtered (unchecked) by DP.

Others may have more specific recommendations to help you.
2017 2.9 GHz MPB/1TB ssd; loaded 2012 i7 quadcore Mini, OS 10.15.5
DP 10.11, Logic 10.5.1, Silverface Apollo Quad/TB, K12UC, Falcon, Integra 7, MIDI guitars etc.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

JSmith1234567 wrote:Is anyone using Metagrid with DP?

I figured out how to have Metagrid send a MIDI note to DP, but it sets only a note-on, and not a note-off too.

Does anyone know how to have it send a note-on & note-off when I hit a button so that the DP note won't get stuck?

Thanks!
I don't know how complex a situation you're anticipating, but I've messed around with this app before and it seemed to work decently.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/s1midit ... 22995?mt=8

You might be able to search the app store for something more "off the shelf" that would be easier to implement.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Rusty Shackleford

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

JSmith1234567 wrote:Is anyone using Metagrid with DP?

If you have not done so already, try emailing the app developer through the Metagrid web site. I found him to be very responsive and extremely helpful with any questions I've had with the app.
iMac 20,1 10-core, 3.6Ghz, OS10.15.7, 128GB RAM, DP 10.13, VEP7