Wow! These are some INSANE Black Friday deals...

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Wow! These are some INSANE Black Friday deals...

Post by FMiguelez »

I didn't want to spend too much...

But I couldn't resist, even with our ridiculous peso-dollar exchange rate.

For only $100, I upgraded from Waves Platinum to Diamond. I saved $900... This has a bunch of new plug-ins that I really wanted.

For $300, I upgraded from Komplete 8 to Komplete Ultimate 11. That is the regular list price for just ONE of the myriad new instruments this package includes. How can these guys stay in business like this?
This purchase is such a no brainer!! Even if I have to multiply the dollar amount times TWENTY, according to today's laughing exchange rate, this is still amazing for all the stuff you get!! More than one can probably use in a life-time!

Oh, I also want to upgrade to Omnisphere 2, but they don't have a BF sale.... It's only $20 bucks cheaper in Sweet Water.
I understand Spectrasonics almost never have sales on their products. I need it, so I guess this will be my last purchase of the month.

Any other crazy sales out there? This thing ends soon, right? :smash:
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
mikehalloran

Re: Wow! These are some INSANE Black Friday deals...

Post by mikehalloran »

If you’re looking to upgrade your Finale license, it’s $79 at MakeMusic. $99 to update PrintMusic through Sunday, November 27. Use code BLACKFRIDAY17

This website has some very good Black Friday deals on Finale and Garritan.

Upgrade to 25 for $79; Trade up from Allegro, PrintMusic, etc for $99; Buy Finale new for $149.

(Click on "Shop > Sofware". Yes, sofware.)

https://squareup.com/store/editions-violone/
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Awesome!

Thanks for that info, Mike!

What's "just one more" purchase, right? :)
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Uh-oh....

:)

That looks SO useful. Good price. Thanks!

MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Downloaded the demo to Fission. License came in immediately and the install went fine. Played with it for 5 min. and bought it. I can see this as extremely useful in all sorts of settings and usually difficult tasks, like removing reverb and contouring sound to extremes. Also great for subtle things and noise artifacts in stuff like piano action. Well worth the $70, IMO, and Eventide is a good company. :woohoo:
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Yeah, I have similarly been impressed by just how musical all of Eventide's recent offerings have been -- even the ones I thought I had no need for. Fission is worth the asking price.

So many deals this year, it would have taken too much time to list them all, and most knew about them all anyway. But also some surprises regarding vendors that did NOT mark things down.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

This one just has to get mentioned here as it hasn't had publicity, is time-sensitive, and would be extremely beneficial to many forum members:

https://vi-control.net/community/thread ... st-4155620

So, if you already own Chris Hein Solo Strings (which I do), you get the new material for free in January. If you buy now, you do as well, and also get a considerable discount.

Having so many choices for each member of the string player, with different "national schools" represented by each, is unprecedented.

I am deeply embedded in VSL-based production, but eventually plan to learn Chris's system to where I can use it as effectively as VSL -- especially now that so many timbral choices are available from different players as the source for the libraries.

In direct shootouts earlier this year, the Chris Hein Solo Strings, when used properly with correct articulations and phrasing, were as close to VSL as any library I own, and in some ways may exceed those libraries, with a bit of extra effort.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

It looks like I'll spend the rest of the weekend downloading everything and re-sorting out my sample libraries. I still have like 250 GBs worth of downloads left...

I must say I am VERY impressed with Native Instruments. Not only because I got a ridiculously great deal, but everything seems high quality and it just works>
The download/installer manager (Native Access) is a wonderful thing! Just managing the purchase/download/installation of this mega-whopper of a package COULD'VE been a nightmare and a disaster. Luckily, NI realized this and really took care of business with this tool. They make it a dream to use. It's fool proof. It automatically knows what you have installed, what needs to be installed, etc. You can tell it where you want everything installed, it downloads it, and everything just works perfectly like magic. Oh, and I haven't read more than one short paragraph of instructions to accomplish all this. Wow!

A few years ago, when I got Komplete 8, it was horrible, with all those non-working DVDs, etc. Compared to this new Native Access system, it WAS a nightmare!

I've been monkeying around with some synths and libraries, and they sound great. It is surpassing my expectations. I easily give Native Instruments 2 thumbs up. Great company! I'm a very happy user.

I realize now that, between the millions of synths, effects, instruments and miscellaneous toys, I would need 5 life times just to explore all this wonderful Komplete Ultimate 11 package.

I guess I won't be running out of sounds or sound-mangling tools anytime soon :lol: