Giving Thanks to Motunation

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
stringtheory
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Giving Thanks to Motunation

Post by stringtheory »

huge thanks from here too, to james and to all of you.
27" iMac 4.0GHz (late 2015), 32G RAM, OSX 10.13.6, DP10.01, UAD Apollo Duo TB, MTPAV USB (also 2021 14" MBP M1 Pro, 32G RAM, Apollo Twin Duo TB)
Tobor

Post by Tobor »

Double dittos, double thanks!! There are some real all-star people here.
iMac 2.7 i5, DP 9.5.1, 10.13.3, Apollo Twin, 828, MTPAV, Toontrack, Spectrasonics, BFD3, Drumcore, Reason 10, Live 10, Logic X, Spitfire, Zebra, Miroslav, Waves, Kronos X, MOXF 6, Axiom 49.
kwiz

Post by kwiz »

Thanks James, and thank everyone in this forum!!
Also, thanks Magic Dave, and Andrew Bregman for dropping in on us from time to time!!
Great family and friends!

Mac Studio M2 Max, MacPro 8 core (trashcan), MacBook Pro 16 in 2023, OSX Ventura, DP 11, Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Motu 112D, 24Ao, 8M, 896 MKIII, UA Apollo 16, Waves Horizon, Slate Everything Bundle, Plugin Alliance Bundle, UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerator, UAD Apollo Twin.
Native Instruments Komplete 14 Ultimate, Console 1 MKIII w/C1 Fader

"Without struggle, there is no progress"

F. Douglas
dbender

Post by dbender »

FMiguelez wrote:Yup.
This is an AWESOME community full of knowledgeable and friendly colleagues.

Thank you, James, and all the members who make this place be what it is>
The best music-related forum in the internet. Period.

:unicorn:

Amen!
iMac 3.0 GHz, 8 GHz ram, OS 10.6.4, MOTU 828 Mk II, MOTU MIDI Express-XT (x2), KRK Rokit 6's, Novation Remote Zero SL, Radikal SAC-2k, Triton rack maxed out, Matrix 1000, Handsonic HPD-15 drum pads, tons 'o VI's.....
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Well I'm glad there are people who are using it. I think it's nice to have a central hub for DP users that's not at the mercy of a third party like Facebook.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
midilance

Post by midilance »

I give thanks to Motunation every day. It's an oasis in my MIDI life. Thanks James and all the rest of you guys and gals.
Mac Studio m2 Max // OS 14.2.1 // DP 11.3 // MotU Ultralite mk4 // Komplete Ultimate 14 // Arturia V Collection 9 // Korg Legacy // Stylus RMX 1.8 // Omnisphere 2.6.2c // Scarbee Keys and Basses // T-Racks 5 // Amplitube 5 // BFD3 // Blue3 // PolyM //
Rick Cornish

Post by Rick Cornish »

+1 here. Thanks to James, the mods, and everyone who participates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
leigh

Post by leigh »

Having just visited another forum where the "conversation" was at best shrill, coming here is a true treat. Thank you, James, and everyone else here.

**Leigh
I don't care what you play. I care how you play.— Karl Berger

iMac Pro 3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W, 128GB RAM, Mac OS X 14.2, DP 11.3
VSL, VE Pro 7, MIR Pro 3D, UVI Falcon, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Ozone 9 Advanced, RX 8 Advanced, Dorico 5, Metric Halo ULN-8-3D mkiv, ULN-2-3D & 2882-3D interfaces, Novation Impulse-49, various mics
James Steele
Site Administrator

Giving Thanks to Motunation

Post by James Steele »

Thanks Leigh. That really means a lot to me. This forum is not a cash cow for me at all. I don't care if it's HUGE and to some extent I pay a price for that, because I've exercised a zero tolerance policy when it comes to people who arrive on this forum with the misguided notion that they can be rude, condescending and belittle others. I show them the door rather quickly. They then usually run off to another forum and bad mouth me for being a tyrant!

Life is too short for any of us to have to subject ourselves to that sort of upset. I like to try and keep this place a sort of oasis. Again thanks for recognizing what we all have been trying to do here. The quality of the people on this board is a real point of pride for me. Except MLC... he's our token cantankerous guy... but the better you know him the more ya love the guy!

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Kellog

Post by Kellog »

+1 on the gratitude to James and all who contribute.
Mac mini (2018) 3.2 Ghz 6 Core Intel Core i7 w/64 GB ram, OSX Catalina 10.15.7, DP 10.13, UAD Apollo Quad, Komplete 13 Ultimate, Superior Drummer 3, EZ Keys, EZ Bass, EZ Mix 2, Stylus RMX 1.7f, Avid Eleven Rack.
Maxxy

Post by Maxxy »

Hello all fellow DP lovers and users

I have been using DP since 1997… exclusively…. it changed my life

After having retired myself as a rock guitarist I had pursued MIDI and multi-track recording technology as a hobby…on the side…… as best I could.

From smoky bars and late-night drunken drives, and after 5 years of MIDI manuals, Sysex, hair pulling exasperation (Korg S3 anyone?) I determined to get back into audio full-time. I knocked on the door of a studio and asked for a chance

The gods smiled on me and I was given use of a great studio during its downtime….essentially from 6pm till 9am.

At that time in 1996 they were using PT, DP, and Sound Designer. When I asked the studio tech how I could best proceed on my own, he insisted I should go for DP … this was just as DP was about to do native audio

Since then, my life Part 2 has been inextricably entwined with DP

This forum…all you great contributors….and the magnificent, understated (and under-appreciated IMO) MOTU DP… have helped me establish myself here in the digital audio field over the last 20 years.

There is no amount of thanks I can give to you all for being there and willing to share. I simply wouldn’t be who I am without you all… and DP

James… thanks so much, sincerely, for keeping the flame alive. Shooshie…welcome back…please never leave us again….you are the most effulgent light in my world Sir … HC Markus… you are a truly wise and compassionate gentleman, MIDI Life Crisis, Mike Halloran, Phil O, FMiguelez, terrybritton, Tim, toodamnhip, amplidood, David Polich, Killahurts, Babz, Robert Randolph, stubbsonic, waxman, ….so many… forgive me having started not to finish… maybe I shouldn’t have started….I’m sorry …but these names come to mind … as DP stalwarts to a man/woman/goat

I am physically very distant to most of you…but the internet….and this fine forum…make it possible for me to access some of the most experienced and knowledgeable minds in the audio world ….WOW!! I feel blessed...I am blessed

I’m more of an observer than a contributor… but I cannot ignore the call to thanks this thread invokes…. Thank You All Soooo Much ( :

P.S. I don’t know if I can ever attend a NAMM DP dinner or any of the get togethers…..believe me I’d love to… perhaps one day I can/will ….but FWIW I wish to extend an open invitation to anyone on this list who might ever come to Bali and wish to hook up with a fellow enthusiastic DP user… please give me a holler … I’d LOVE to meet you here at my modest studio

FWIW I have Logic and PT installed here ... for outsiders who need those tools… but, whilst I recognise some interesting, cool features of other apps, I am always able to raise a curious, intrigued eyebrow to any engineer with an open mind. I was once a Mac evangelist… I feel way outgunned…but I’m still swingin’ for DP after all these years … and no one can call me wrong ( :

Hey… I can still open all the projects I did in 1997!!…. How are you going with your DAW? ( :

Felicitations and kind regards to you all

Maxxy
Mac mini 2023 M2 Pro, 32g RAM, LG 32UD99 4k monitor on HDMI, OSX 13.6.1, DP 11.3, MOTU TB AVB 16A w/AVB Monitor 8 on ethernet cable, UAD Apollo x8, Netstor TB3 PCIe card expansion w/ UAD-2... 1 x Octo and 2 x Quad cards, Softube Console 1 MkII & Fader Control
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Maxxy wrote:P.S. I don’t know if I can ever attend a NAMM DP dinner or any of the get togethers…..believe me I’d love to… perhaps one day I can/will
I hope you can. I'll be posting details on that soon!

sonus

Post by sonus »

A big thanks to James and everyone else here, who contribute with their expertise in this invaluable forum. Greetings to all of you from the other side of the globe, Athens - Greece, that is!

George
MacPro 5.1 2x3.46 twelve core, 64Gig, OSX 10.15, Mac Studio Max 32Gig, DP11.13, RME HDSPe FX, Softube Console 1 & Fader, UAD-2 quad, Soundtoys v5, UVI Falcon 3.0, GForce Mellotron & String Machine , Waves Rennaissance...
kassonica

Post by kassonica »

Although I don't post here much anymore I'm eternally grateful for james and the crew great work over the last 13 years I've been here :D
Creativity, some digital stuff and analogue things that go boom. crackle, bits of wood with strings on them that go twang
Don T

Post by Don T »

Hello ALL,
YES YES YES
This forum has helped me keep the school DP DAWs rock solid since the 90's. If ever I have a question I can find it here, most answers are here too :D.
There are few forums that I regularly read and contribute and this is one that I look at first thing before starting every work day.

Thanks so very much guys for making this a tool and a community.

Merry Christmas and to all a productive musical New Year.
It's the ear, not the gear!
MacPro 2.66 gHz 12 core (dp 10.01) - Lynx Aurora16 - OS 10.12.6/WaveArts/TruePianos - Legend 32ch console - G16 Fostex
(2) MacPro 2.66 gHz 12 core (DP 9.5) OS 10.12 - 24 I/O - 2408 mk2 - Da7- (PT 12) - 8 trk MCI
MacPro 2.66 gHz 12 core - OSX 10.12 - Genesys Black - Lynx Aurora16 - waves - Oxford - McDSP - 16 trk Otari - analog sweetness