UAD and Softube Console 1

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
supersonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

UAD and Softube Console 1

Post by supersonic »

I was kind of waiting for this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMX2cSU ... a-34131181
Music is movement in silence
My day jon - http://www.audioplanet.pl
My other passion - http://www.aps-company.pl
kwiz

Re: UAD and Softube Console 1

Post by kwiz »

It works well too!
Softube keeps pushing the bar higher and higher. Their plugins are great and so is the company!
Great family and friends!

Mac Studio M2 Max, MacPro 8 core (trashcan), MacBook Pro 16 in 2023, OSX Ventura, DP 11, Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Motu 112D, 24Ao, 8M, 896 MKIII, UA Apollo 16, Waves Horizon, Slate Everything Bundle, Plugin Alliance Bundle, UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerator, UAD Apollo Twin.
Native Instruments Komplete 14 Ultimate, Console 1 MKIII w/C1 Fader

"Without struggle, there is no progress"

F. Douglas
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

kwiz wrote:It works well too!
Softube keeps pushing the bar higher and higher. Their plugins are great and so is the company!
Any news on DP integration. Is it finally going to control levels and pans, etc.? I have been writing to MOTU asking them to really beef up the Console 1 support.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
kwiz

Post by kwiz »

James Steele wrote:
kwiz wrote:It works well too!
Any news on DP integration. Is it finally going to control levels and pans, etc.? I have been writing to MOTU asking them to really beef up the Console 1 support.
Hey James, the panning and levels still aren't reflected on DP's mixer. What I do is set my basic levels and panning on Console 1, then do any additional automated rides and panning in DP. Works out pretty well for me but I could see how those moves being reflected on DP's mixer would be favorable.
The benefits of Console 1 outweigh this small inconvenience to me. The real issue with why it doesn't work with DP is VST3 implementation. Hopefully it'll be available soon.

Mac Studio M2 Max, MacPro 8 core (trashcan), MacBook Pro 16 in 2023, OSX Ventura, DP 11, Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Motu 112D, 24Ao, 8M, 896 MKIII, UA Apollo 16, Waves Horizon, Slate Everything Bundle, Plugin Alliance Bundle, UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerator, UAD Apollo Twin.

F. Douglas
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Apologies if this was already covered, but a forum search did not turn it up in the DP10 topics, and those are now becoming unwieldy for browsing quickly for specific stuff.

Does anyone know if Softube Console 1 support is heightened in DP10?

If so, I may finally buy one of these, as the Mk II version shows promise for the future of the platform.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
buhardilla

Post by buhardilla »

mhschmieder wrote:Apologies if this was already covered, but a forum search did not turn it up in the DP10 topics, and those are now becoming unwieldy for browsing quickly for specific stuff.

Does anyone know if Softube Console 1 support is heightened in DP10?

If so, I may finally buy one of these, as the Mk II version shows promise for the future of the platform.
I hope that C1 will support and improve new functions in DP 10. C1 have full DAW control on Cubase, Studio One, Sonar due to VST3 compatibility and DP10 would also benefit as well. I am very expecting (and exciting) about this future implementation because it could be a wonderful control surface for DP (in addition to superb plugins and consoles emulation)
DP 10.11 || iMac 2019 5K ||i9 8core 3.6GHz|| 64 GB RAM|| macOS 11.5.1
RME AiOPro || Softube Console 1 ||
Maxxy

Post by Maxxy »

I hope that C1 will support and improve new functions in DP 10. C1 have full DAW control on Cubase, Studio One, Sonar due to VST3 compatibility and DP10 would also benefit as well. I am very expecting (and exciting) about this future implementation because it could be a wonderful control surface for DP (in addition to superb plugins and consoles emulation)
I have just bought and installed the Console 1 Mk2... wow! This feels great

It seems that UAD plugs can, through the Console plug, be both side-chained...and wet/dry mixed... I hope this works as I hope ... so far so good

I'd love to see further integration with DP as buhardilla suggests

Thanks a lot
Mac mini 2023 M2 Pro, 32g RAM, LG 32UD99 4k monitor on HDMI, OSX 13.6.1, DP 11.3, MOTU TB AVB 16A w/AVB Monitor 8 on ethernet cable, UAD Apollo x8, Netstor TB3 PCIe card expansion w/ UAD-2... 1 x Octo and 2 x Quad cards, Softube Console 1 MkII & Fader Control
Maxxy

Post by Maxxy »

Hi

Hoping here too.... for DP to further implement/integrate the Softube hardware...

I recently also purchased the Console Fader control unit ... and just love working with this system... As noted by others here, it'd be great if the Console Volume and Pan controls controlled the DP Mix window ....

Also would be great if the Console could re-order itself to the Mixer Window that is "Unlocked Layout to Track Order ".....as Eucon does....

Fingers crossed ...

Thanks a lot
Mac mini 2023 M2 Pro, 32g RAM, LG 32UD99 4k monitor on HDMI, OSX 13.6.1, DP 11.3, MOTU TB AVB 16A w/AVB Monitor 8 on ethernet cable, UAD Apollo x8, Netstor TB3 PCIe card expansion w/ UAD-2... 1 x Octo and 2 x Quad cards, Softube Console 1 MkII & Fader Control
buhardilla

Post by buhardilla »

Maxxy wrote:Hi

Hoping here too.... for DP to further implement/integrate the Softube hardware...
Fingers crossed ...

Thanks a lot
For all DP+Console1 users: Softube have now launched a survey about Console1 system to owners of this control surface. Check your emails because is a good moment to ask better integration between DP and Console1
DP 10.11 || iMac 2019 5K ||i9 8core 3.6GHz|| 64 GB RAM|| macOS 11.5.1
RME AiOPro || Softube Console 1 ||
kwiz

Post by kwiz »

buhardilla wrote:
Maxxy wrote:Hi

Fingers crossed ...

Thanks a lot
For all DP+Console1 users: Softube have now launched a survey about Console1 system to owners of this control surface. Check your emails because is a good moment to ask better integration between DP and Console1
Yes full integration with DP is way overdo. I've been requesting this from Softube and MOTU for years now.

F. Douglas
Maxxy

Post by Maxxy »

Thanks buhardilla

Did the survey.... good call

I encourage others interested in this terrific ecosystem to pitch in.... fingers crossed

+1 Softube integration

Cheers