DP Control is WORKING??!!! (Except for Save)

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP Control is WORKING??!!! (Except for Save)

Post by James Steele »

Henry Robinett wrote:The person/people who wrote the code for DP Control probably don’t use DP any more. Moved in to PT or Logic or not doing music at all.
That's rather baseless speculation. Nobody knows.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Morpheo

Post by Morpheo »

Henry Robinett wrote:The person/people who wrote the code for DP Control probably don’t use DP any more. Moved in to PT or Logic or not doing music at all.
The person/people who wrote the code for DP Control is MOTU. It's up to them to update and maintain the app. Last update was 8 years ago. Why are they still listing (selling even) so many outdated apps on their website (their VI collection for instance)? :roll:
Mac Pro 5,1 12-core 2.4 GHz//40GB RAM//RX 560//macOS 10.13.6//SSDs//MOTU 896//Keylab 88//Faderport 8
Pro Tools 2018.7//LPX 10.4.1//DP 9.51
NI Komplete Ultimate 11//Albion One//Soundiron Choirs//Pianoteq//Analog Lab//VSL SE & Chamber Strings//etc
Henry Robinett

Post by Henry Robinett »

Of course, it's useless speculation! I don't know who wrote it. If it's MOTU it's a mystery why they didn't support it. I have all kinds of useless speculation. Sorry for not announcing it as such. Here's some more. The guy who wrote it for MOTU didn't get paid what he wanted and refused to hand over the code. MOTU decided it wasn't profitable. It was written on spec. The guy who ordered the project was fired. I can speculate all day. I see nothing wrong with that.

I've known examples of vaporware where the guy moved on with his own interest since it's not financially remunerative.
All the best,

Henry Robinett

2019 Mac Pro 16 core, 192 GB; 2 MacPro 5,1 Metric Halo ULN-8 3d (x6), ULN-2-3d, MIDI Express XT,
DP10.13, UAD2 Quad TB,Duo,solo, Fractal Ax Fx III, FM3, LF+12+, Altiverb 7, Pianoteq7, Falcon, Keyscape, Omnisphere, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer 3, Slate Drums, Live 10, Battery4, Diva, Spitfire Chamber and Symphony Strings, Ivory 2, Spectrafoo, Millennia HV3-D, many mics, many guitars . . ..
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Oh okay... I'll play along. The guy who wrote it was abducted by aliens. Fortunately he had the source code on a thumb drive and managed to escape by injecting the DP Control code into the navigation system of the alien mothership, creating enough confusion to allow him to make a break for the escape pod and return to earth, yet, alas, without the source code and that was that. Damned aliens ruined it.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

James Steele wrote:Oh okay... I'll play along. The guy who wrote it was abducted by aliens. Fortunately he had the source code on a thumb drive and managed to escape by injecting the DP Control code into the navigation system of the alien mothership, creating enough confusion to allow him to make a break for the escape pod and return to earth, yet, alas, without the source code and that was that. Damned aliens ruined it.
That's just daft. Putin wrote it, and then stopped updating it to bring the movie business to its knees.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8