quick way to switch between on/off for VI windows?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rockman413
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

quick way to switch between on/off for VI windows?

Post by rockman413 »

Hi I have 2 displays. one is my tracks view/MIDI editor, one is the mixer window.

It always take me some time to open the Kontakt, and close it with command and W.
When I use logic, I can one click "V" to open and close all VI windows. Your suggestions of how we can quick switch?
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD
FMiguelez

Re: quick way to switch between on/off for VI windows?

Post by FMiguelez »

Click on the little "V" icon in the bottom left of the mixer. That toggles between V'Racks and chunk tracks.
Is that what you mean?
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
rockman413

Post by rockman413 »

FMiguelez wrote:Click on the little "V" icon in the bottom left of the mixer. That toggles between V'Racks and chunk tracks.
Is that what you mean?
No, that' not what I mean.

I mean, if I have a 3rd display, then I can put the VI windows there and that's easy . But I don't have a 3 rd display, how can I easily one key shortcut to open the VI I want and close all VIs so I can easily see the mixer and my tracks.
wvandyck

Post by wvandyck »

rockman413 wrote:
...I can one click "V" to open and close all VI windows. ?

⌃⇩O = Open Selected Effects
⌃⇩⌘W = Close All Effect Windows

You can change both Commands to 'V'.
Select a plug-in window in a mixer or channel strip insert. V to open, V to close.

Several selected plug-in windows will open but immediately afterwards only one them remains selected. In this case you can use V to close all open effects windows them but you would need to select the others to invoke the open - V- command.

You can also view different plug-ins one at a time using the Insert A etc. popup, similar to the linked window function in the other application.
2017 2.9 GHz MPB/1TB ssd; loaded 2012 i7 quadcore Mini, OS 10.15.5
DP 10.11, Logic 10.5.1, Silverface Apollo Quad/TB, K12UC, Falcon, Integra 7, MIDI guitars etc.
rockman413

Post by rockman413 »

wvandyck wrote:
rockman413 wrote:
...I can one click "V" to open and close all VI windows. ?

⌃⇩O = Open Selected Effects
⌃⇩⌘W = Close All Effect Windows

You can change both Commands to 'V'.
Select a plug-in window in a mixer or channel strip insert. V to open, V to close.

Several selected plug-in windows will open but immediately afterwards only one them remains selected. In this case you can use V to close all open effects windows them but you would need to select the others to invoke the open - V- command.

You can also view different plug-ins one at a time using the Insert A etc. popup, similar to the linked window function in the other application.
Thank you. Very helpful ! Is there a One Key command to open all Vsti windows?
wvandyck

Post by wvandyck »

I'm pretty sure you have to first select the plug-in inserts, then invoke Open as above.
2017 2.9 GHz MPB/1TB ssd; loaded 2012 i7 quadcore Mini, OS 10.15.5
DP 10.11, Logic 10.5.1, Silverface Apollo Quad/TB, K12UC, Falcon, Integra 7, MIDI guitars etc.