Transmit sync

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
bleach30
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Transmit sync

Post by bleach30 »

Alrighty hive mind I have a question...

I have a 16A in the control room connected to a B16 in the studio. What i want to do is transmit sync from the control room to a slave computer in the studio via the usb cable on the back of the B16.

On the studio computer under the transmit sync to options the B16 does show up as a device to send to however it says its missing. "Stage B16 missing" and therefor sync won't go there.

So what am I missing? Can I add that manually? Or point to it somewhere? Does it have anything to do with the 16A being the master clock?

The 2 are connected via direct ethernet cable

Thanks Nation
magicd

Re: Transmit sync

Post by magicd »

DP doesn't see the Stage B-16 directly. DP sees the 16A computer I/O ports. It's then up to the 16A to route signals back to the Stage B-16.

In DP instantiate the SMPTE-Z plug-in. This will generate LTC SMPTE. Direct the output of the audio track to an input on the 16A.

Route the signal from the 16A across an AVB stream to the Stage B-16. Set that stream as the LTC Input source on the Stage B-16. Enable a To Computer channel for the LTC to MTC conversion to the computer connected to the Stage B-16. The DAW on the Stage B-16 computer will now be able to see and lock to the incoming MTC.

Dave
bleach30

Re: Transmit sync

Post by bleach30 »

Thanks Dave! Will give this a try.