Does DP 9 Mac send OSC messages ?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Terry50
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Terry50 »

Hi, :D
I want to use GigPerformer with DP.
Do you just set up a MIDI track and output to IAC?
My IAC is in Italics and says "missing". I have never used IAC. It is in my Audio MIDI Setup.
I plan on using Soundflower for returning into DP.

Thank you very much.
Terry
Terry50

Re: Does DP 9 Mac send OSC messages ?

Post by Terry50 »

:woohoo:
the answer is yes.
set up a MIDI track and make the output IAC.
on page 945 of the DP 8 handbook, it says to choose Setup Menu/ Control Surface Setup
Then set up a port.
Last edited by Terry50 on Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
philbrown

Re: Does DP 9 Mac send OSC messages ?

Post by philbrown »

Terry50 wrote: Do you just set up a MIDI track and output to IAC?
My IAC is in Italics and says "missing". I have never used IAC. It is in my Audio MIDI Setup.
I plan on using Soundflower for returning into DP.
Go to Audio/MIDI setup > MIDI Window > Double click on the IAC icon > make sure "Device is online" is checked. I've never had to actually do that, though - it's always been on I guess.

I don't know what Gigperformer is and only used OSC once or twice so I can't really help you there.
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce