Attempting to export to Finale XML errors!

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rosindabow
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Attempting to export to Finale XML errors!

Post by rosindabow »

I have been trying to transfer a file to Finale v25.4.1 from DP 9.57. I have taken all the audio out and all that remains is my MIDI files. I choose "export score as MusicXML." I then go to open it in Finale and get a series of errors beginning with: "XML error in file FatHeads 11_7_17.xml at line 382:
cvc-enumeration-valid: Value 'start' is not facet-valid with respect to enumeration '[begin, continue, end, forward hook, backward hook]'. It must be a value from the enumeration."
There was also this:"XML error in file FatHeads 11_7_17.xml at line 394:
cvc-complex-type.2.2: Element 'beam' must have no element [children], and the value must be valid."
And this one:"XML error in file FatHeads 11_7_17.xml at line 408:
cvc-enumeration-valid: Value 'start' is not facet-valid with respect to enumeration '[begin, continue, end, forward hook, backward hook]'. It must be a value from the enumeration."
And then finally a message stating that ll further XML errors will be ignored. Any idea what I can do to make this stop?
Thanks.
DP 11.22, Mac Pro 14,8 macOS X 13.5, 128 GB RAM, Apogee Symphony I/O, Apollo x8p, UAD plug-ins, PSP, Waves Mercury, NI Komplete Ultimate 14, Spectrasonics, Hollywood Orchestra, Spitfire; Symphobia, Los Angeles Scoring Strings, True Strike, VSL, real violins, guitars, mandolins, pianos, drums, percussion & lots of other stuff...
mikehalloran

Re: Attempting to export to Finale XML errors!

Post by mikehalloran »

Click through the errors and see what happens. There’s a preference setting in Finale to ignore them.

Finale 25.4 uses a later version of MusicXML than DP (3.1) and is looking for code that DP is not exporting. It is rarely a problem. MakeMusic owns MusicXML for a few years now.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
rosindabow

Post by rosindabow »

So I can just ignore the error messages?
DP 11.22, Mac Pro 14,8 macOS X 13.5, 128 GB RAM, Apogee Symphony I/O, Apollo x8p, UAD plug-ins, PSP, Waves Mercury, NI Komplete Ultimate 14, Spectrasonics, Hollywood Orchestra, Spitfire; Symphobia, Los Angeles Scoring Strings, True Strike, VSL, real violins, guitars, mandolins, pianos, drums, percussion & lots of other stuff...
musicxml
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by musicxml »

The file should import OK even with these errors, but please report these errors to MOTU. It looks like they may be exporting some beaming information incorrectly. Hopefully that is pretty easy to fix and then this transfer will work better for everyone.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

rosindabow wrote:I have been trying to transfer a file to Finale v25.4.1 from DP 9.57.
We're only up to 9.51 unless maybe you're beta testing?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS