Soundways RIN-M Software - Metadata Collection Tool

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Soundways RIN-M Software - Metadata Collection Tool

Post by HCMarkus »

http://soundways.com/rin

A review in Mix Mag lead me to this. Thought it would be of general interest for use in DP, warranting its own topic. AU version of RIN-M tested in DP9.51; no issues noted. I instantiate it in my Click Track channel, which also houses Hofa's 4U ProjectTime plug-in.
RIN-M: Credits and Metadata, Solved

The metadata revolution in the music industry is here, we can now give credit where credit is due. Enter a full set of data in the least-possible amount of time.

RIN-M Pro features include:

PDF Reports for approvals and liner note generation
BWAV Embed for adding artist name, song name and ISRC into WAV files
Mass Process plug-in for checking-in to multiple RIN files in a single action and other options
Email address entry which is added to the PDF Reports used for approvals
Additional information can be entered for participant profiles and songs
Studio window decal to let users know they can check-in at your facility
Automatic numbering of RIN files according to track number for albums and EPs
The Pro version is currently available for $39, a $10 break from regular price. Also, there is a free version "to be sure everyone has access."
BobK

Re: Soundways RIN-M Software - Metadata Collection Tool

Post by BobK »

I saw that Mix article too and downloaded the free version.

The "catch" is that currently no distributors can ingest the data, though I think it said they'll hold onto it in case that's possible in the future.

I'm glad the standard was developed, though.

One problem I saw on a forum somewhere is that apparently you can't list more than one role for a person. So, if I performed, engineered, produced and composed, I'd have to enter each separately.
Bob

M1 Max Mac Studio - 64 GB RAM - macOS 14.1.2
MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) - 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 - 16 GB RAM - macOS 10.15.7
DP 11.23
Metric Halo ULN-8 mk4
HCMarkus

Re: Soundways RIN-M Software - Metadata Collection Tool

Post by HCMarkus »

BobK wrote:One problem I saw on a forum somewhere is that apparently you can't list more than one role for a person. So, if I performed, engineered, produced and composed, I'd have to enter each separately.
True dat, at least as far as I can tell.