Hardcopy DP9 user guide (manual)

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Hardcopy DP9 user guide (manual)

Post by mikehalloran »

MikeInBoston wrote:Hi guys,

I wish MOTU would make a printed manual available for purchase. What can I say? I love books.

Mike
For an evening’s good read, sure though curling up by the fireside with a DP manual ...? Naw...

For diagnosing a problem, give me a searchable.pdf any day. Type in a key word or two and have the answer in seconds — works for me.
darrell wrote:Thanks for the comments, elucidation and humor! The reason I asked was because I was sitting at the desk and looked up at my hardcopy and saw it was DP8! No wonder I couldn't make sense of a lot of stuff!
I can’t remember the last time I opened that... or the first time, for that matter. Not sure I ever did. Still sitting on the shelf in the box.
MIDI Life Crisis wrote:You can always print out the PDF. You only need a little more than two reams of paper or less double sided. For the longest time DP didn't have a PDF and we could go pirate hunting but those days are over. So few have had to walk the plank since then. Takes all the fun out of online... :lol:
I once ordered the $20 print manual for a version of Finale (2003, perhaps?). I got this 1 1/2” monstrosity printed 4 up to the page. Difficult to read without a magnifying glass; impossible to search. I recycled the paper a couple years later. Learned my lesson.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro